Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Tanzania/WikiForHumanRights 2021 in Tanzania/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, we did meet our goals and we are happy how the project went, the human rights topic was an interesting topic to many.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: At Least 25||18||27 participants registered to participate but due to that 3 projects were running at the same time some focused on Wiki Loves Earth and Africa Wiki Challenge.|
|Number of articles created or improved: At Least 50||102 articles was created or improved||Goal was met|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Since we did this project last year, some of the participants who participated in the 2020 WikiForHumanRights edition were helpful to share their experiences with the new ones.
- Internet support also helped to engage participants.
- What did not work so well?
- Some participants said there was a little challenge in translating some English words into Swahili.
- Some english infobox didn’t work better on Swahili Wikipedia
- What would you do differently next time?
- During Wikimania we I got in touch with some WMF staff who we talked about having a local team of people capable of solving local Wiki technical problems (such as about templates and infoboxes)
Grant funds spent edit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Proposed budget (USD)||Actual budget||Comment|
|Awards 200USD||200||(85USD, 65USD and 50USD gift vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners|
|Internet support 297USD||297||For participants for the online calls, online training, and during Wikipedia editing|
|Equipment rentals at least 5 laptops for 1 week =458 USD||461||5 laptops were rented|
Communication among the facilitators & emergency,& Bank rates)=215 USD
|215||Was used for communication purposes for project coordination|
|Logistics Transport and follow up2@70USD = 141 USD||170|
|Souvenirs(gift) for at least 3-5 judges who will be selected to judge the articles produced during the contest to get the top 3 winners)=182||176||Souvenirs(gift) 5 judges who will be selected to judge the articles produced during the contest to get the top 3 winners)|
|Online tools or services: 151 USD||146||Subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion)|
Remaining funds edit
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No fund remained, all fund was used for the project.
- The winners for this project are:
Anything else edit
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- We thank and appreciate the WMF and the grant team for supporting this project in Tanzania. It is one of the vital topics that Tanzanian people need more info relating to, as human rights are essential for any human being to live peacefully.