Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. "Recruit new editors" "Add or improve content"
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions: "I'lam will train 30 university students in return to offer them small scholarships. I'lam will train them to write and edit Wikipedia pages along with a training to choose and compound the resourceful input for the pages. This training will be offered by experts in the field of Wikipedia activism and content writing on the topics of the Israel-Arab relations and the Palestinian community. 1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- "it's a series of trainings"
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- "mainly, using posters and social media networks. see the attached link for the announcement for university students to participate https://www.facebook.com/IlamMediaCenter/photos/a.736080533090819/2318079811557542/?type=3&theater"
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- " yes, we're hiring experts from the field to offer the training for the students"
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- "Most of the students who have signed up are majoring in the social sciences, so they have intellectual capacities for the content. However, their capacities to write the Wikipedia pages and to use its tools are limited, and thus Ilam will provide them with the missing tools"
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- "Some of the students participating are I'lam previous alumni, and thus will stay in touch with the center"
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- " This project is highly important for many reasons. First, it will improve the quality of content of Wikipedia pages, since the editors are students majoring in these fields. Second, it will allow the young students to contribute to the content as well as aid them with scholarships. Third, since there is no Wikimedia Palestine Center, I'lam thinks that this project will initiate the establishment of an official Wikimedia Palestine."
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events " 5 events/ trainings"
- Number of participants: "30 university students"
- Number of new editors: " 30 university students"
- Number of of articles created or improved: "500 articles"
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- "Ilam, in cooperation with the Welfare Association (Taa'woon), will carry out the project. Despite having an amount of funding, we're still missing money for the expenditure explained in the next clause"
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- " * funding to fund the scholarship that will be given to the university students in return to their commitment for serious content input
- great trainers in the field"
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!