Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Improve content on Swahili Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of editathons.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed my community through the Wikimedians of Arusha meta page here. []
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will let the participants know about the edit-a-thon through the existing social media platforms for the community.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes participants have the equipment and skills needed.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will engage the participants through the existing social media channels
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Here is the link to the risk assessment tool https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CN_R3QRO9lfGZ0DbwGfgsAIYIERiMFa8g4XmwtT6FYE/edit?usp=sharing
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of blended events (online and in-person) - 5
- Number of participants in each in-person event- 30
- Number of participants in each online event - 15
- Number of new editors - 15
- Number of of articles created or improved - 300+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)- 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Ebenezer Mlay - Event Manager
- Praygod Mwanga - Event Organiser
- Gladys Gibbs - Event Advisor
- Mary calist mlay - Event Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food - 259.794 * 5 = 1,298.97 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 129.897 * 5 = 649.485 USD
- Internet - 38.9691 * 5 = 194.845 USD
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 259.794 * 5 = 1,298.97 USD
- Venue - 56.2887 * 5 = 281.443 USD
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 43.2990* 5 = 216.495 USD
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 32.4742 * 5 = 162.371 USD
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 21.6495 * 5 = 108.247 USD
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 8 laptops) - 51.9588 * 5 = 259.794 USD
- Internet support for online participants - 64.9485 * 5 = 324.742 USD
- Zoom subscription - 14.99 USD
- Contingency - 86.5980 USD
- Total = USD 4,896.86
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!