Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit existing and new photographers to capture Tanzanian heritage and scenic landscapes to and contribute them to Wikicommons
- Increase skills for existing editors and photographers
- Add or improve photos of local natural heritage and scenic landscapes in Tanzania and improve existing articles on both English and Swahili Wikipedia.
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia Foundation projects in Tanzania
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- One Editathon, one photowalk and at least two webinar sessions.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our meta-page and our social media handles to let our community know about the project and we will use headhunting strategy to reach out to photographers.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have at least three experienced editors.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of them have tools and equipment needed for capturing the photos and uploading and we can rent few devices to help those who have the skills but don’t have equipment and tools.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will design a survey for feedback and we will prepare follow-up activities such as ISA tool games to add more info to the contributed photos. Also, we will invite them to follow our social media platforms for more updates..
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Most of the events will be organized online as a measure to minimize the spread of Coronavirus.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = One physical event and at least three online events.
- Number of participants = At least 15 photographers
- Number of new editors = At least 3 new editors
- Number of articles created or improved = At least 15 articles
- Number of photos = Atleast 100 good photos of Tanzania’s scenic landscapes and natural heritage
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have at least active organizers and active Wikipedians to help organize the events.
- Paul Mandele - Project manager
- Antoni Mtavangu - Events coordinator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Internet 125USD (To cover costs to host online events and to support photographers to have data for uploading their photos)
- Awards 350USD (200USD, 100USD, 50USD gift vouchers for 1st,2nd and 3rd winners respectively)
- Equipment rentals 350USD (Renting of laptops and cameras for those who do not have but want to participate)
- Branding and stationeries 165USD (Designing, Printing and transport to followup and delivering of certificates to top 10 photos)
- Communication and outreach 150USD (To cover communications to recruit photographers and overall project communications)
- Logistics 130USD (Team meetups, transport to followup funds from the bank and to pick and return rented devices)
- Transport 200USD (Transport support for individuals who will have to go for photo hunting to the nearest possible areas)
- Total 1470USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!