Grants:Project/Rapid/WMDRC/Mois de la contribution francophone RDC 2020
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. Every year in March, the french community gathered in the WikiFranca group launches a series of activities that aim at improving Wikimedia related projects and recruit new contributors. We have been successfully running these here in DRCongo since ...
- Recruit new editors
- Train CS Students how to hack MediaWiki software and do technical contribution
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add audio content using Lingua Libre
- Translate content into local languages
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Hackathon, editathon, and training
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whatsapp plus other social media and some digital prints
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- They have equipment but not skills. We will train them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- we'll create a WhatsApp group for each event and use the survey to get feedback from attendees. we'll also have the Facebook page for the user group.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets: This is a great project as it will bring both tech and non-tech contributors to Wikimedia community and also add a new Wikipedia, we will by now have 400 wikipedias.
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 45
- Number of new editors: 35
- Number of articles created or improved: 20+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Personal computers
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Event 1: Become a MW hacker
- Food and refreshment: 450$
- Transport: 5$ * 15pers * 3d = 225$
- Transport for organization: 50$
- Print: 50$
- Marketing (calls, notebooks roll up...): 100$
- Subtotal: 875$
Event 2: WP in local languages: text and audio
- Food and drink: 300$
- Transport: $150
- Transport for organization: 20$
- Prints: 50$
- Hearphone: 20$ * 2
- Marketings: 100$
- Subtotal 2: 660
- Internet: 100$
- Venue location: 100$
- Subtotal 3: 200
Prize for the tech contest
- 1 t-shirt * 15 participants: 15 * 13,5 = 202.5$
- Internet: 20$ + 15$ + 10$ = 45$
- Subtotal 4: 247.5
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!