Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socializing with SQ Wikimedia contributors through this yearly meeting of the community;
- Recruit new contributors to the Wikimedia project (focus in SQ Wikipedia);
- Establish a strategy for the next year activities (related to GLAM and Wiki in Education projects);
- Increase skills related to Wikidata for new and existing editors in improving GLAM coverage online in Albania;
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Weekend is a great opportunity for people to learn more on the Wikimedia project, it purpose and how to get involved. Through various presentations and workshops we aim to help get more knowledge on the project, but also help the project grow, by recruiting new editors. Wiki Weekend is also a yearly gathering of existing contributors who will have the chance to meet and discuss different topics of interest related to the project. Also for the Wikimedia Community Usergroup Albania this is a chance to plan our GLAM and Wiki in Education activities and also show to how to get involved with our projects and become part of the UG.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- By organizing this kind of meetings in the past we have had a lot of benefits such as: people learning on the Wikimedia projects and how to start contributing, a considerable number of SQ Wikipedia articles have been created or improved, new editors have gained new skills or learned new tools. Also, the fact that people gather and meet in person has benefits in terms of exchanging experiences and seeing opportunities for other future collaborations.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- We have created a page for the event where we will constantly add all the necessary information for participants, speakers and other interested parties: Wiki Weekend Tirana 2018. Information on the venue, the agenda, dates of the activity will be provided there. We will also use our Social Media channels to promote the activity and also, same as the other years, Wiki Weekend will also have local coverage on different portals.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We plan to organize different meetups during the event which will also have a focus on showing to people different ways on how to keep in touch with the community, how to become part of the Wikimedia Community User Group Albania, join the other events which we plan to organize in the future or even help us in organizing one. We have our own mailing list where people interested to follow our activities can subscribe and follow the open discussions.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 55
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 6
- Venue renting for 3 days (main conference and reception): 220$
- Documentation(professional photos and editing): 250$
- Design for visual ID of the event, posters, banners etc: 100$
- Printings for promo materials (roll up banners, posters, lanyards, stickers): 250$
- Catering (two days of the event and reception event):240$
- Administration (finance officer & bank transactions costs): 80$
- Transportation costs inside the city (estimation based on previous activities): 35$
- Travel and accommodation (for participants and volunteers outside Tirana):300$
Professional video similar to this one:450$
- Unexpected costs: 70$
- Volunteer Coordination about documentation and workshop host Leeturtle (talk) 14:41, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer As a volunteer. 126.96.36.199 21:09, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to help during the event days. Silva.arapi (talk) 21:10, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'll be volunteering during the event and help with logistics Meriboo (talk) 21:10, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I will help with logistics and documentation during the event. Sido uku (talk) 23:16, 23 October 2018 (UTC)