Grants:Project/Rapid/User Engagement Editathon Bw 21
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Add or improve content. We plan to cover the upload session because our newbies once experienced a lot of image deletion from the server after contributing. We will dwell more on copy right issues.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning one upload session lecture and one edit-a-thon online.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
Notification links are posted here on meta page, see link : https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Botswana#Upcoming_Events
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Due to the pandemic, we are hosting online activities, and we will need internet and laptops for our participants without pc.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
This is a follow up from the previous contest (upload session), so we always have a portal to engage our participants.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved: 15 and more
- Number of photos: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): - 12 and more
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $24 x 2 days x 20 people = $960
- Hire laptops (10) and internet modem (20 x 20 people )= $400 usd
- social media (communication channel) advertising/banners/flyers = $240 Usd and internet for advertisement purposes
Total = 1,600 USD