Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Encourage students to join the movement
- Introduce new users to Wikipedia sister projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- yes We are planning to editathon focused improving and creating Hausa Wikipedia articles.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- i well let the participants know through social media like facebook, wahtsapp, and all so through Radio Station, and there schools,
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
: yes i Have and experienced editors. User:sirryboi User:Umar a usman
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants have the smart phone we will support them with the data
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- At the end of the project, we will trained 35+ students and members about Wikipedia and its various projects. We will closely follow-up participants through social media, group chats, hangouts and email and their contributions in Wikimedia projects
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This wiki 4 educational project covers a wide range of topics for Kaduna State students and to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister work
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- The project is two days events
- A minimum of 35 participants are expected to attend the event
- We will have at list 20 new users
- We will create and Polish 50 articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
I Umar Ahmad will lead the event and am an active editor at Hausa Wikipedia. I will also have the support and advice from these experience editors. this is the name of there Users who can lead the project User:sirryboi User:Umar a usman
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1. Data For the two Event will Cost $200 2. Tranportation For the two Event will Cost $200 3. Hall For the two Event will Cost $350 4. Refreshment For the two Event will Cost $300 5. Certificate of Participants will cost $200 6. Renting Computer/Projector For the two Event will Cost $200 7. facemask/Sanitizer will cost $100 8. Tshirt/Cap will cost $150
TOTAL US$ 1700 TOTAL In local currency N698,635
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!