Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Add or improve content.
- Popularization of Georgian culture.
- Improve Wikipedia content.
- Create new articles about National Cultural Monuments of Georgia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Immovable monuments of culture of national importance is Georgian churches, monasteries, fortresses, palaces, residential houses, bridges, towers and other monuments granted status of immovable monuments of culture of national importance. With the help of this contest, we want to increase the number of high-quality articles on cultural monuments of both Georgian and foreign language Wikipedia. This contest will also help increase the number of new editors on Wikipedia. The contest will contribute to the popularization of Georgian culture, which is very ancient and rich.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created a project page in Georgian Wikipedia and on Meta-Wiki, when the project begins we will, through the central notification, preempt all Wikipedia visitors about the project. Also, through our official accounts in social networks (kawiki Facebook, UG-GE Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), we will attract new members and warn them about our project. We will also send an invitation to participate in the competition via Wikipedia.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Mehman97 organizer of "Wiki Loves Monuments" 2017-2018 and "Wiki Loves Earth" 2018 in Georgia, also the organizer of the The Women You Have Never Met 2018 in Georgia, From Independence To Freedom, Wikipedia Asian Month 2018, Georgian WikiConference 2018 and Bakuriani WikiCamp.
- Jaba1977 participant of many camps, where he conducted trainings for young people in the work with Wikipedia and Bakuriani WikiCamp.
- Surprizi — UG-GE Member, Editor, Reviewer, Autopatrolled in kawiki. Admin of abwiki.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Specifically: the editors of the Georgian Wikipedia have all the skills and abilities to work in Wikipedia and participate in the contest. We will help the new editors to the maximum extent possible both remotely and realistically. Also, if Georgian editors, who will not have technical adaptations: the Central Library of the Tbilisi State University makes it possible to use both the Internet and computers for free. As for foreign participants, we unfortunately cannot assess their level of skills and equipment, but we will help them as much as possible in all matters.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We try to hold many thematic contests, so the editors are free to take part in our projects.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This contest is a great chance to recruit new editors, as well as a great chance to bring together different communities around the same goal.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 5-10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 1000
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): –
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be 3 experienced participants of the Georgian Wikipedia and UG-GE, who have held several successful projects together. There are no other financial sources of the Georgian Wikipedia, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have allocated a gift card from online store Amazon.
|Items||Sub-items||Amount (GEL)||Amount (USD)||Total|
|Amazon Gift Cards||For local contestants||$600 USD (for the first ($300), second ($200) and third ($100) places)||600 $ (USD)||600 $ (USD)|
|For international contestants||$600 USD (for the first ($300), second ($200) and third ($100) places)||600 $ (USD)||600 $ (USD)|
|Certificates||For ~30 Participant||60 ₾||23 $ (USD)||23 $ (USD)|
|Unforeseen expenses||—||–||100 $ (USD)||100 $ (USD)|
|Grand total||$ 1.323 (USD)|
Total requested: $ 1.323 (USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!