Wiki Loves Individual (WLI) basically mean that "Wiki loves an individual effort" or "Wiki loves a single human effort". Efforts for developing and promoting Wikipedia and Wikidata or else another Wikimedia Project.
It is a article writing self-competition (challenge) to promote & develop Maithili Wikipedia and Wikidata around the World. With the support of volunteers from Wikimedia Maithili, this is the first appearance of its kind in 2018. The supreme aim of the project is to increase the number of articles in both terms either qualitative or quantitative at Maithili Wikipedia. Apart from the supreme aim, the project also visualize to develop the items, statements at Wikidata.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Add contents (quality) at Maithili Wikipedia
- Improve items at Wikidata
- Recruit new editor(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- As it is a article writing self-competition (challenge), I will mainly focus on adding contents (quality) at Maithili Wikipedia. Not only adding contents but will also improve the items at Wikidata. I will also focus on social media sites promotion, may write blog posts, etc. which will help motivating and inspiring new editors to join the community.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Discussion link at Maithili Wikipedia Village Pump
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I will go through online Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Using this online feature, I will follow-up with people that are involved with my project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participant(s) : Only one
- Number of articles created or improved : 100+
- Number of items improved at Wikidata : Below 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|S. No.||Item Description||Units||Per unit rate (NPR)||Calculated Amount (NPR)||Note|
|1||Internet connectivity||-||-||15000||High speed internet connection|
|2||Communication charges||5||1000||5000||Talk time & Recharge|
|3||Refreshments||5||2000||10000||Food & Drinks|
|4||Others||-||-||1518||T-shirt & other|