Grants:Project/Rapid/Tulsi Bhagat/The Calendar Initiative/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, we met our goals. Yes, we are happy with how the project went.
- Awareness about Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects:
We have printed 500 Qty. Wiki-informative Calendars from which 250 Qty. was for the previous year 2077 and 250 Qty. for current year 2078. We have successfully distributed it to local educational institutions' Professors, Teachers, and Students. Model Multiple College's students are eager to join the Wikimedia movement. We will be catching up with them soon as the second wave of the pandemic will come in control.
- Engaging new readers:
There is significant change in unique devices statistics of Maithili and Nepali Wikipedia. The total daily average views received on normal days from unique devices analysis is 6,792 whereas the total daily average views received on project days from unique devices analysis is 7958. There is change of approx. 1166 views. Thus, we can say that we have successfully achieved this goal.
- Online promotion of the project:
It's work-in-progress. As said in the proposal, Wiki-informative Calendar offers year-round exposure of Wikimedia projects. We will be posting/promoting Wiki-informative Calendar's contents every month for a whole year 2078/2021.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of campaign participants: 500||Number of campaign participants: 500+||Target achieved. There is positive change of 1166 total daily average views on the Maithili and Nepali Wikipedia's unique devices analysis during the project days.|
|Number of meetup participants: 10-15||Number of meetup participants: 16||Target achieved. Our WACN members are so kind and helpful. They helped us with calendar designing, it's contents such as photographs selection, choosing text from Wikipedia articles and many more.|
|Reach on social media(s)||Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.||Target in progress... As said in the proposal, Wiki-informative Calendar offers year-round exposure of Wikimedia projects. We will be posting Wiki-informative Calendar's contents every month for a whole year 2078/2021.|
|Media coverage(s)||Posted on one local newspaper, Janakpur today.||Target achieved. It did not work so well because of the pandemic. People are more focused and concerned towards news on COVID-19.|
Comparison of unique devices analysis of Maithili and Nepali Wikipedia during the normal days and project days is presented as follows:
- Unique devices analysis
|S.No.||Days||Project||Time period||Daily Average||Reference|
|1.||Normal days||Maithili Wikipedia||March 15 - July 15 2019||792|||
|Total views from normal days||6,792|
|3.||Project days||Maithili Wikipedia||March 15 - July 15 2020||984|||
|Total views from project days||7,958|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Wiki-informative Calendars designing, contents selection and the team work worked well as expected and planned.
- What did not work so well?
- Time management, reporting, media coverage, etc. did not work so well because of the pandemic. People are more focused and concerned towards news on COVID-19.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will be more focused on catching up with the project participants on site.
Grant funds receivedEdit
- Total amount requested from WMF:
- 175,000 NPR and/or USD 1,555
- Total project budget (Approved budget):
- 175,000 NPR and/or USD 1,555
- Total amount received on this project (After deducting SWIFT charges/exchange rate by the bank):
- USD firstname.lastname@example.org — 182,477.50 NPR
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Printing of 500 Wiki-informative Calendars: 155,000 NPR
- Communication: 10,130 NPR
- Meetup space and food: 14,165 NPR
- Undocumented expenses: 3,205 NPR
- Grand total: 182,500 NPR
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No, I don't have any remaining grant funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- We are really happy that we got the opportunity to execute this calendar idea as a project and complete it.