Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- To create a more inclusive and diverse editing community.
- To add and improve content about women in sports.
- To promote editathons in order to make visible the women in football.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
No, but We will previously contact Wikipedians from other countries interested in women's football, who attend the World Cup, to meet and plan the development of player biographies in the encyclopedia, the release of photos and the production of statistical data.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
We will publish notes, photos, videos, and data during the event, both in social networks such as La Diez (www.ladiez.com.ar) and other communication media in Santa Fe.
When we come back, we will organize an event to share our experience about the coverage with journalists and media interested in giving visibility to women's football in particular, and women's struggle for their rights in general. We will also emphasize the value that free culture has for this, since it allows access and circulation of content.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
Through La Diez website, its social networks, the community of journalists and related media interested in women's football as a favorable environment to make visible the struggle of women for their rights.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
We have a network of contacts made up of journalists from Santa Fe and the rest of Argentina, the press area of the Argentine Football Association, the FIFA press area in Argentina, the players of the Argentine national team, Wikimedia Argentina and Wikipedians. related to the theme.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
We believe that the attention that is beginning to awaken in women's football around the world and the repercussions that the World Cup in France can have, will increase the interest and the need for information about it. Regarding this, we understand that we can take this opportunity to create networks and circulation of information to put the issue on the media agenda.
We think about generating a network of photographers to continue releasing images in Commons, that help to put faces to the players, directors and soccer leaders. In the same way, it is an opportunity to develop links with journalists that cover women's football and for this reason they can provide data and contacts to expand and create profiles of players, directors and leaders in Wikipedia.
In 2018, before the editatón on women's football in Argentina, there were only 39 biographies of women football players of the country. After the editatón we could increase it to 69. In any case, it is still a minority next to the 5,542 biographies of Argentine male players.
The coverage of this World Cup will be key to make women's football visible and, for example, to publish the article on Football in Argentina, which only has the history of men's football where women's football appears only as a "variant". It is time to create an article on the history of women's football, which today lives in Argentina one of its most revolutionary hours, and thus claim the place of women in Wikipedia in a sport from which they have been historically expelled and ignored.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of new potential partners: 5
- Number of outreach activity participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of images upload to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
- Number of item created or improved in Wikidata:100
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
We have already covered costs of internal transfers to the cities, internet connection, food and drinks and accomodation. We do not expect the Wikimedia Foundation to fund all aspects of coverage. We already have spaces with computers, internet and photographic equipment.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 2 Flights from Argentina to France = USD 2000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- SupportThis kind of project brings new audiences and editors (women most of them) to the Wikimedia movement. Pablísima (talk) 19:35, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support In Argentina female football team is fighting to be as professional as male team. I think this project is very important to show the struggle of this women. La Diez is making a good long-term media coverage of this topic, this could be a great opportunity to follow the female team. Also, once the photos, videos and data would be uploaded on Wikimedia Commons, would be a really good supplies to make better biographies and articles, helping to balance the gap between male and female. Niamfrifruli (talk) 20:00, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support This project is important to continue the work that has been done in the communities of Argentina and Santa Fe in order to narrow the gender gap in both wikipedia and in other wikimedia projects Martinbayo (talk) 21:53, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support This project will increase women's football visibility on Wikipedia and sister projects, adding good quality original media, thanks the collaboration between wikimedians and journalists. Señoritaleona (talk) 00:26, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support This project makes the women's football community get's stronger and helps to reduce the gender gap in wikipedia. Paulakindsvater (talk) 02:05, 18 March 2019 (UTC)