Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Strengthen participants commitment to previous photo contests
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Add more images about occupations in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on occupations in our country.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
- Strengthen past local partnerships and build new ones
- Awareness on social networks from January
- Distribution of posters and flyers from January
- Workshop about the events and how to participate : 1 event in Yaounde and 1 event in Buea, from January
- Uploads session + training sessions : 6 events
- 1 closing ceremony with team and invited guests and celebration of local winners : Before the international result
- A photo exhibition (15 images) will take place at a local partner
- Jury work sessions
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon : 1 event to be held end of February
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on visual representations of joyful and serious games, sport, and recreation in the form of board or mental games, physical fun or contests, playful interactions, theatrical and musical performances, etc.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have an address book of former participants in our previous contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth), We will use our social media channels, news, television, Creation of posters and flyers...
- We will also use the network of photographers with whom we have partnerships.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Measures of success for WLA
- More than 500 photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- More than 25 participants uploading a photo
- 15 newly registered participants
- 10% distinct photos used in Wikipedia articles
- Measures of success for WLE article contest
- 10 users participating
- 10 articles illustrated
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This edition will be a continuation of the achievements of previous contest (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth)
- Activities in Douala, Yaounde, Buea and perhaps in northern Cameroon
- With the new local partners, we will increase the prices for the winners; in addition we will award for all the participants selected for the exhibition
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants : More than 25
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : More than 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : Around 10%
For writing contests:
- Number of participants : Around 5
- Number of articles created or improved : Around 10%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Geugeor (organizing, promotion)
- Charlotte Pelagie
- Nicolas Eyidi (Jury, partnerships)
- Justin Zanou (Jury, partnerships)
- Hako Hankson (Jury, partnerships)
- 1 (Jury, local partner)
- At least 2 local partners
We are willing to spend it according to this plan:
|Wiki Loves Africa 2019|
|Awards for participants (3 winners) 1 Tablet Tecno PhonePad 3; 1 Phone Tecno Spark2; 1 Phone Tecno Spark2 small||507,76 dollars|
|Gifts for 3 jury members||Gift vouchers = 77,85 dollars|
|Transport and jury sessions||86,50 dollars|
|Press conference (Transport costs for journalists : press, television)||86,50 dollars|
|Award ceremony, exposition and posters (15 photos)||346 dollars|
|Communication support and gadgets (Roll Up : 173 USD, Stickers : 17,30 USD
T-shirt (Buying and printing) : 173 USD, Flyers : 34,60 USD, Conception : 45,50 USD)
|Session in Douala||133 dollars|
|Session in Buea||103,25 dollars|
|Session in Yaoundé at Goethe Institut||84 dollars|
|Transport of volunteers||93,96 dollars|
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!