Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
We want to introduce the WLE competition to the Tanzania Wikimedia community, recruit professional photographers to join the Tanzania Wikimedia community and to build the culture of contributing to Wiki Commons to our community and to photographers.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will organize an information session to introduce the WLE project to the Tanzania Wikimedia community followed by recruiting photographers from the Wikimedia community and other interested photographers who will get deep insights about the competition to make them ready for the competition. Then, we will conduct a live photo hunt experience in one of the closest protected sites to demonstrate how the competition works. Because now the photographers will have a clear understanding of the competition we will give them time to take photos on their prefered protected site from the provided list and we will organize a photo uploading session where the photographers will upload the photos and will share their experience with the competition and give their opinions for the upcoming WLE competitions.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We will use our social media pages, that is: The official Wikimedia user group facebook page and the special WLE facebook page
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project, we will have:
- Introduced the WLE project to the Tanzania Wikimedia community.
- Contributed at least 200 good photos to Wiki Commons
- Recruited at least 40 new members to our community. Especially encouraging photographers and women.
- Promoted the Tanzania natural protected sites to the world through photos uploaded on Wiki Commons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants - 40
- Number of professional photographers involved in the project - 15
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons - At least 150
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects - At Least 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Paul Mandele -Project manager
- Eid John - Resources investigator
- Antoni Mtavangu - Events coordinator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Transport 900USD
- Food for events and National park photo hunting trip 400USD
- Branding & Digital marketing 300USD
- Backup Generator for the events 100USD
- National park fees 150USD
- Support Tanzanian community is very enthusiastic about WLE during the first year of their existence. They are regularly in touch with the WLE international team and are very constructive, thus I am confident they will be able to succeed despite their limited experience as an affiliate. Their project plan is good and deserves supporting — NickK (talk) 16:42, 6 June 2019 (UTC)