Grants:Project/Rapid/Olaniyan Olushola/Wikipedia Library Program with Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
- Increase nunmber of partnership with non-wiki based organization
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There will be two training sessions and one day for edit-a-thon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Official mailing list
- Wikimedia Nigeria Official Facebook Page
- Official Twitter Handle of Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation
- Official Instangram Page WikimediaNG
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- User:Olaniyan Olushola
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will start with 2 day training session by the mentioned experienced Wikipedians.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We plan to create a WhatsApp chat for communication and mentorship after the event.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? See [ https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/AfroCROWD,_Oregon_State_University,_Wikimedia_Nigeria/Oregon_State_Univ_Black_History_Month_Wikipedia_Edit-a-thon_with_AfroCROWD_(February_8,_2019) here] the output of the last event with institution on outreach dashboard.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- If 3 events were held
- Number of participants
- If at least 20 participants came for each day of the event
- Number of new editors
- If 20 new editors participated at the event
- Number of of articles created or improved
- If at least 10 articles were created and 10 articles improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
- If atleast 3 editors continue editing even after the event
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Computer Systems
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Lunch for 20 participants for 3 days= NGN150,000.00
- Internet-50G= NGN30,000.00
- Backup Generator (NGN15000/day)X3 =NGN45,000.00
- Rental of Camera (NGN10,000.00/day)x3=NGN 30,000.00
- Publicity-Flyer ( 50pcs)= NGN15000.00
- Accommodation (3Xnight for 3Wikipedians)= NGN180,000.00
- Feeding ( Sdays for 3 Night)= NGN 45,000.00
- Intercity Transport for 3Wikipedians (to-fro)= NGN30,000.00
- Local Transport for 3XWikipedian= NGN6,000.00
- Contingency = 20,000.00
- Total= NGN598,000.00
Exchange rate= 305/USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!