Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning an editathon at a school at the city of Elbasan in Albania. We are organizing this event within the "Wikipedia education program" initiative part of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania yearly activity plan.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Regarding our event we have announced it on our Meta page ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania ). Currently we are trying to establish our usergroup and we are waiting for it to get recognized. All events that we organize we publish them there. Also, we have published this activity on our forum which is in Albanian ( https://forum.openlabs.cc/t/wiki-in-education-2018/997 ) .
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will host our event at the school's computer lab but in order to prevent any unexpected situations (ex. computers are out of services or the luck of internet connection) we will bring laptops with us for the participants.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be added at the Wikipedia-SQ mailing list in order to get informed for all future activities. Also, they will get introduced to our online communications'platform (https://forum.openlabs.cc/c/wikimedia-albania-user-group)
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 30
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- This editathon is organized by Meriboo and Leeturtle. Both we have organized previous Wikimedia-related events such as "CodeWeek 2017 Burrel" ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CodeWeek_2017_Burrel ) and smaller events at the local hackerspace in Tirana.
- The laptops we will have with us will be provided by the local hackerspace in Tirana.
- We expect a few volunteers at the school.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation from Tirana to Elbasan and from Elbasan to Tirana: 55 USD (≈ 45 EUR)
- Soft drinks & snacks: 86 USD (≈ 70 EUR)
- Organisers' dinner & photographer (and volunteers): 92 USD (≈ 75 EUR)
- Documentation (professional photos and editing): 98 USD (≈ 80 EUR)
- Printings for promo materials: 36 USD (≈ 30 EUR)
Total = 367 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I have seen that this kind of events have a direct impact in to growing the Wikimedia community. Especialy events that are being held at schools because it helps young people to get to know the Wikimedia projects and encourage them to keep contributing in order to enrich information at the SQ Wikipedia.I fully support this event. --Nafie shehu (talk) 10:39, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
- I think that schools are a great place to share the knowledge about the Wikimedia project. If students learn the importance of the project, the ways how to get involved in an early age etc they will give a valuable contribution back. --Silva Arapi (talk) 20:26, 28 February 2018 (UTC)