Grants:Project/Rapid/MarkAHershberger/MABS: Multilateral, Asynchronous, Bidirectional Synchronisation (of wikis)/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
While we have not yet reached our goals, we are relatively pleased with the overall progress and plan to complete the project.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Develop an extension to demonstrate a working prototype aka proof of concept.||The work is partially completed.||We have completed setting up the repository; initializing the repository with the contents of the source wiki; as well as beginning the process of synchronizing repository contents to the clone wiki. Work still needs to be done to complete the synchronization with the clone wiki(s).|
|Record sufficient documentation for interested parties to see the progression of work over time||The documentation is still in progress. The interface provided is in a “wizard” style format.||The documentation cannot be finished until the extension is completed.|
|Use proof of concept to attract FLOSS developers to the project.||Interest in the community has been piqued and we hope to informally demonstrate the MABS project at the October 2018 Wikipathways Summit for interested participants.||Although the extension and proof of concept are not complete, the progress and concept can and have been used to attract interest.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? - Garnering community interest before and throughout the project has been successful due to support of stakeholders.
- What did not work so well? - This project was not completed by the deadline, because we were overly ambitious with the goals, and so too much work was put into one grant cycle. If the work had been done on a full time basis, instead of a part time basis, a month would have been a more achievable deadline.
- What would you do differently next time? - If done over, the project would be planned in stages (Stage 1, 2, etc.) to better divide and practically accomplish the project. By dividing the project into discrete and achievable chunks, the estimated timeline for each stage would provide better results.
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
The $2,000 was spent to compensate assistants for their efforts on the project.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
We hope to present the in-progress work and concept as a way of further garnering interest and support. Platforms such as the informal hacking time at the October 2018 Wikipathways Summit will be useful to discuss and receive community feedback and insight.
- Repository documenting and automating the set up of a virtual machine and the extension: hexmode/rapid-grant-mabs
- Repository for MABS itself: hexmode/MABS