Grants:Project/Rapid/Kannada Wikipedia editathon at Shivamogga to bring in new editors and add content
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There are many people in Shivamogga who are interested to contribute to wikipedia. But most ofthem don't know how to go about it. Our aim is to help these people who are interested in contributing to Kannada Wikipedia. We want to train them by organising an editathon. We also expect some participants to contribute to Kannada Wikipedia by improving and/or adding content. By conducting this editathon we hope to start a new group of editors of Kannada Wikipedia centered at Shivamogga where hitherto no such group exists.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will inform the community by multiple ways-
- Event page in Kannada Wikipeda
- Social media like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter and local news papers
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some will have and some will not. We will provide training for the needy
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will be keeping in touch with the participants though email, social media like Facebook and Whatsapp group.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 1
- Number of participants - 25
- Number of new editors - 22
- Number of of articles created or improved - 15
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 3
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Two veteran Wikimedians who have lot of experiences in organizing workshops, training programs and editathons, will be helping and leading the program. They are -
- I, Chetan V, have been a Wikipedian since 2009 active mainly in Kannada Wikipedia. I am from Shivamogga and will be the local organiser.I will contact interested people and inform them about the editathon. I will also be the logistics man doing all the necessary arrangements like arranging the lab, projector, food,etc. I am expecting 1 or 2 Wikipedians from Shivamogga or nearby places to join the editathon and help the newcomers. A local college has promised to provide a computer lab with Internet cnnection as the venue for the editathon.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Here is the detailed budget for the program-
|Item Details||Nos||Cost (in )||Description|
|Accommodation||2||12,000||2 Persons 2 days accommodation|
|Transport||1500 * 2||3,000||2 persons travel|
|Local Transport & Food||750 * 2||1,500||Local Travel & Food for 2 persons for 2 days|
|Food||25||15,000||Lunch and Snacks for Participants per head 300 per day|
|Banners||2||1,200||per banner 600|
|Certificate||25||250||per Certificate 10|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I endorse this and strongly recommend funding of this editathon by WMF. Shivamogga is center to many Kannada laureates. Good number of Kannada writers, bloggers and media persons are from this and surrounding places. It will be a good idea to create a new set of editors for Kannada editors centered around this place. This editathon might help in that endeavor.--Pavanaja (talk) 06:16, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- I endorse. Shivamogga is one of the cultural and educational center in Karnataka State. This editathon get more new editors and articles.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 05:18, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- I endorse this and strongly recommend funding of this editathon by WMF. It will introduce new editor to kannada wikipedia .This editathon might help in that endeavor.-Sangappadyamani (talk) 05:26, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- It is important to increase wiki editors for Kannada Wikipedia. Such editathons are needed to bring in more people to the Kannada Wikipedia. Msvishwa (talk) 06:27, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- I support. Gopala Krishna A (talk) 07:04, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support the idea. Lahariyaniyathi (talk) 10:24, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- A great opportunity to bring new editors to Kannada Wikipedia, I support the grant application.--Sailesh Patnaik 16:58, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Good initiative to pitch in editors for Kananda Wikipedia. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 05:40, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- I endorse this as Shivamogga is a very good place to develop Wiki community as the place is well known for literary activities. Multiple training sessions and editathons may give good results for Kannada Wiki community building and content addition. So, I support and recommend grants for this activity.Vikas Hegde (talk) 07:54, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Kannada Wikipedia get inprove in this grant.--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 05:34, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Its a very good initiative to create new Wikimedians in Shivamogga region. I am interested to talk about gender gap and motivate interested people to work towards filling the gap. Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 05:54, 2 December 2017 (UTC)