Grants:Project/Rapid/Hamxo/Semester funding for training/edit-a-thon in 1st semester 2021/2022 session,wikihub kasu
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Recruit new editors in Kaduna State University for the Wikimedia community at campus as a working group for the proposed Wikimedia related activities to bridge the identified knowledge gap around kaduna contents on Wikipedia and sister projects.
- Add or improve content to bridge the identified knowledge gap around Kaduna cultural contents on Wikipedia and it sister projects.
- Fill the Nigerian/African content gap on the different Wikimedia projects at large
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to holds two (2) edit-a-thons & trainings in kaduna state,for kaduna state university staffs and students only,to equip and support our existing &new users to practice some of the Wikipedia projects knowledge imparted during the training of the existing & new members on how to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the school management/authority about this project and they are excited about it.
- I have also introduced some of the Hausa Wikimedians user group members ,the staffs,and students that will coordinate the training to the school management.
- And the Hausa Wikimedians user group are aware of the project.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will be communicated by using kaduna state university staffs and students social media channels/platforms like Facebook and Whatsapp and,via the university webmail & notice board also for those that doesn’t have phone
- The participants will be onboarded in a WhatsApp group to ease communication in the community before, during and after the event.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- yes.Here are the usernames of the experience editors to help lead and support the event =User:Salihu Aliyu ),(User:M-Mustapha , Abubakar A Gwanki,User:Bello Na'im,user:holysman,user:itzedubaba, and user:Umar a usman
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- As some of the participants are staffs & some are students, and some of them have the equipment and some doesn’t have,for those that have will use their equipment and for those that have no equipment,we would hire some equipments for them and support them with subscription of data (internet ).
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- What’s app group is already in place for sharing of ideas and overcoming challenge,so all new users/members will be added to the group for the purpose of contributing to Wikipedia.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- well; if this project is approved and funded,so definitely this project will attract the attention of many staffs and students of kaduna state university,to become Wikimedians and contribute more to Hausa Wikipedia,English Wikipedia,Yoruba Wikipedia ,Igbo Wikipedia, and it sister projects.We hope and pray this project will be approved for the betterment of our community and Wikipedia foundation at large.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1 training & 1 editathon =2 events
- Number of participants 50
- Number of new editors 30
- Number of of articles created or improved 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I by name Abdullahi Hamza Ilyas AKA Hamxo,I’m the project organizer at kaduna state university,undergraduate student,and the current Vice president of the National Association of Science Students Kaduna state university(kasu)chapter.
Here are the names of experienced Wikipedia editors to serves as coordinators of the event:I my self user:Hamxo,and my fellow editors user:M-Mustapha,user:holysman,user:itzedubaba,user:Umar a usman,user:Salihu Aliyu,User:Bello Na'im, and Abubakar A Gwanki What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue + Computers+projector : USD360.72X2= USD721.43
- Refreshments for 2days= USD721.43
- Internet Bundle: 50 Gigabyte= USD72.14
- Communication = USD72.14
- Branded Nose Masks = USD72.14
- Hand sanitizer for 50 participants & 8 facilitators =USD68.54
- Branded Shirts for 8 facilitators + 5 most active participants=USD86.57
- Certificate of participation= USD137.07
- Transportation of Facilitators:=USD144.29
- Promotional material;fliers & stickers =USD50.10
- Data provision for participants after the event=USD240.48
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!