Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Expedition Voyage is a project that seeks to provide travel guide information in Ghana and beyond. The project is aimed at improving contributions on Wikivoyage. The reason why we are undertaking this project is because there is less contribution on various key places in Ghana on wikivoyage and we believe we can make a difference by providing more useful travel guide articles to travelers within the space.
- To close the gap we are working on two towns which are Teshie and Nungua. We would practically have an online session where volunteers would be supported with internet bundles and also data (information to edit) in other to ensure that we have a successful project. We are looking at having a series of edit-a-thon.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Community members would be aware of the proposal via email, whatsapp and other social media platform for engagement.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we do have experienced wikipedians for the project.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some do have the skills and resources and others do not,for those who don't have would be provided with skill set training and internet data for the entire project.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participant would be engaged through our social media platform and emails after training and contribution.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project is strictly online and a collective effort from volunteers,there would be scholarships in the form of data for volunteers.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of articles created or improved: 2 articles created and 20 improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) : 25
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Jwale2 : Leading training
- Leonard: Communication
- Richest Kid: Zoom Monitor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Online Training (Introduction to Wikivoyage) for 25 participant for a week: GHC 1500 [ Data Scholarship]
- Online Editathon (Online Training & Contribution) for two months: 5000[ Data Scholarship]
- Well protect Uber Transportation for 2 (Collection of field data without getting out of the vehicle) for two month : GHC 2000
- Miscellaneous : GHC 2000
- Grand Total = GHC 10,500
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!