Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Project Goal - With this project, we want to show that such events must exist In Belarus too. Female role now is not just house holding. Female art is so much various, but also we see 20% female artists on exhibitions and competition winners. Art Festival Goals - the exchange of creative achievements between participants, the popularization of Belarusian female art, the formation of a gender equality environment, the educational function, the creation of a female art magazine, the creation of cultural attractiveness (graffiti art wall). Give a voice, accelerate the female art development in Belarus. The formation of female leadership adequate perception.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Name: Art Festival "Women in Art" Date: 11-18 April, 2020
1. Visual Arts Exhibition organization – location and partners search, artists of different genres (street art, performance, photo, illustration, graphics, sound art) open call (only female), volunteers search and coordination. 2. Art Lecture Program (during the exhibition) – speakers short list creation, workshops organization, video and documentary. General themes: gender equality in art business, cultural feminism projects, visual perception psychology, figure of woman in art history and in contemporary art, Belarusian female art history, performative & visual arts workshops, theatre readings. 3. Art Party organization (during the exhibition) – female DJs search, equipment rent, catering hiring, artists performance organization, photo and video. 3. Art Wall creation – location search, coordination with the government, procurement of materials, artists coordination, documentary.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- - Creative Belarusian youth, work/education in the creative industry. Interested in local culture and social initiatives. Social media active users. - Lifestyle/Culture/Feminism bloggers, social events active visitors. Share lifestyle and their social position on the blog with the audience. - Expert audience, social projects doers. Opinions representatives. Interested in social projects networking, partnership opportunity.
- What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- - announcement in social media (the project/partners/location/artists accounts – Instagram, Telegram, Facebook) - press release distribution – art, culture, lifestyle magazines. - female artists public talk – project announcement for expert audience. After Art Festival: Female Art Zine creation – exhibition objects documentary, writing curator texts, layout design, PR company and edition.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants 40-60 participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) 8-12 articles in mass media, 300 social media mentions
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 400-600 ones
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 20-35 ones
- 5. Graffity Art Wall
- 6. Female Art Magazine
- 7. Number of total visitors 1500-2000 visitors
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- - Artists community in social media (Instagram https://www.instagram.com/collabex/) - Location partners Organizing team: Nastya Shadurskaya – primary organizer. Exhibition curator, fundraising, budjet handling, communication with the press and social media. Lena Rabkina – art lecture program curator, partners & socials networking. Arina Parus – street art zone & art party curator, food/beverage, equipment rent, project social media. Sonya Mort – speakers&artists transportation and travel details, venue logistic, volunteers & documentary coordination. Polina Suhova – female art zine curator, design (web, posters, programs, shirts, signs, screensaver), printing.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Speakers Invitation (lecture & workshop equipment) – 200$
- Travel costs – 300$
- Сommercial event advertising – 150$
- Event rental – 350$
- Printing (posters, programs, shirts, signs, screensaver) – 100$
- Equipment rent (sound&lighting, artists materials)– 700$
- Food/beverage (volunteers, speakers & artists, party catering) – 200$