WLV is a photographic event to increase the amount of freely-licensed material related to Villages/Gaunpalika (Rural Municipalities) of Nepalese districts in Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and its sister projects.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Create awareness about Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and its Sister Projects.
- To engage new and existing contributors to the community.
- To improve quality images and content.
- Upload photographs with the different subject like culture, lifestyles, festivals, shelter, food, attire, People and educational institutions.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on freely licensed and high-quality images of Villages and rural area in Nepal. To improve the quality and quantity of Wikipedia articles about them, including the illustration of the articles with the uploaded pictures but this time with the help of online photography contest. This contest is important to our community there is less number of photographs from Rural areas Nepal are available in Wikimedia Commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will share information about the contest through:
- Main Page/WM News
- Telegram and WhatsApp groups
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Mass Message, bulk SMS and emails
- Virtual Collaboration with professional photographer's team.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There will be a jury team with different expertise; well-known photographers from the Wikimedia Commons. The jury will determine the winners of the local and international contest taking into consideration the following criteria:
Technical quality (focus, exposure, composition, movement control and depth of field.); Originality and creativity; Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Photo-edit-thon and this contest will help make sure that images from WLV 2020 get used in articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have done two successful Wiki loves Village Photo walk in different parts of Nepal.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50+
- Number of online training: 1
- Number of the article or improved: 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:1000+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S. No.||Item description||Amount|
|1||Award Prize, Top 3 Photos||50,000 NPR|
|2||Promotional stuffs of Campaign in Social Media, Boost, Graphic Design, Postcards, Digital Banners etc||75,000 NPR|
|3||Communication & Internet Connectivity||20,000 NPR|
|4||Certificate, postcards, photos Printing||45,000 NPR|
|5||Shipping & delivery charge of postcards Bank Transfer fees||15,000 NPR|
|Total NPR Amount||NPR 2,15,000|
|Total USD Amount||USD 1850|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!