Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- My name is Anass Sedrati and I am the project coordinator of the user group "Wikimedia Morocco". We have participated in many events before, and we have the idea of having business cards for our members in order to give them to different people we meet in meetings/conferences. This will help us to keep our network of contacts alive, and spread knowledge about Wikipedia. This will help to recruit new editors (since they will have our contacts and tak with us more), but also will help us to spread the knowledge about the Encyclopedia. I have participated in many conferences, and having a business cards seems like a must if you want to spread your network and increase awareness about wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The project consists on printing business cards for 2 wikimedia Morocco members (me, project coordinator, and the president). I have already printed them (only in English) with my own cost, without knowing that it was possible to apply for a grant. Now that I knew it, I would like to know if I can be refunded. This will even help me to afford printing again other cards in two other language that are used in Morocco.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I am targeting all people that might be interested in Wikipedia. For example, we will have an edit-a-thon event in Rabat, and having visit cards will be very convenient for contacting people later one, especially, those who showed me their interest.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I will have printed the cards, and use them in a responsible way with people who are interested in our projects.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
- 200 (it's the number of printed cards. and thus the number of people that we aim to target in different extends).
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have used my own means earlier, but I thought that a little help from Wikimedia is more than appreciated.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- I need the amount of 56.61 US$ that is necessary for printing Business cards.