Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
With the help of this project I am looking forward to
1. Add high quality content to hindi wiki as there is a shortage of quality content.
2. Help in training new hi.wiki editors.
3. Help in building pages on contemporary news events and incidents related to India.
4. Create new articles related to India.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
As I am requesting for the annual bill of a hi-speed broadband connection, it will be helpful for me as for nearly 2 and a half year I am editing hi.wiki with the help of a smartphone and a laptop on a slow 2g connection, because of this I often stuck on editing hi.wiki on my smartphone and find it unfriendly to edit hi.wiki on my laptop. Hindi as a language ranks Fourth in the largest number of Native speakers in the world. Inspite of such a huge speaking base, Hindi Wikipedia has one of the the 'lowest Population to Wikipedia articles ratio' out of all the other languages. With he help of fast connection I will be able to edit hi.wiki on my laptop and will be able to avail for feature and tool of Wikipedia.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
I have proposed this project on [[w:hi:विकिपीडिया:चौपाल#चक्रपाणी (स्वयं) हेतु विकिपीडिया स्कॉलरशिप के अंतर्गत ब्रॉडबैंड इन्टरनेट के वार्षिक (या चर्चा अनुसार) बिल का प्रस्ताव | Community Consensus on Village Pump]]. I usually edit on hindi wiki as I am a native hindi speaker and really feels that hindi language should have internet presence as it is one of the worlds most spoken language.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 1 or more.
- Number of articles created or improved: 150+ large articles
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Grant of INR 8745 (USD 130.33) for the Annual Bill of Broadband Connection- Broadband Unlimited Plans with speed upto 2 Mbps