Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Developing Free Knowledge in Georgia, 2023/Midpoint Report
Report Status: Draft
Due date: 2023-07-15T00:00:00Z
Funding program: Wikimedia Community Fund
Report type: Midterm
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their midpoint report. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
General information edit
This form is for organizations receiving Wikimedia Community Funds (General Support) or Wikimedia Alliances Funds to report on their mid-term learning and results. See the Wikimedia Community Fund application if you want to review the initial proposal.
- Name of Organization: Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia
- Title of Proposal: Developing Free Knowledge in Georgia, 2023
- Amount awarded: 47731 USD, 131260.25 GEL
- Amount spent:
Part 1 Understanding your work edit
1. Briefly describe how your strategies and activities proposed were implemented and if any changes to what was proposed are worth highlighting?
2. Were there any strategies or approaches that you feel are being effective in achieving your goals?
3. What challenges or obstacles have you encountered so far?
4. Please describe how different communities are participating and being informed about your work.
5. Please share reflections on how your efforts are helping to engage participants and/or build content, particularly for underrepresented groups.
6. In your application, you outlined your learning priorities. What have you learned so far about these areas during this period?
7. What are the next steps and opportunities you’ll be focusing on for the second half of your work?
Part 2: Metrics edit
8a. Open and additional metrics data.
|N/A||We want to develop a network of WikiClubs in different regions of Georgia and plan to open new clubs.||2||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||We want to increase the number of active contributors to Wikimedia projects in Georgia.||30||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||We want to develop a network of our partners and make an alliance with new organizations.||3||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||We want to increase the number of trainings to improve the skills of contributors, as well as social meetings with the community and not only.||20||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||We want to increase the number of camps and bring them up to 2.||2||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of editors that continue to participate/retained after activities||Participants who will continue to participate in WMGE projects.||60||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of organizers that continue to participate/retained after activities||UG members who will continue to participate in WMGE projects.||12||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of strategic partnerships that contribute to longer term growth, diversity and sustainability||New and existing partners.||10||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Feedback from participants on effective strategies for attracting and retaining contributors||We will collect feedback from partners.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Diversity of participants brought in by grantees||Diversity will be ensured in the community and in Wikimedia UG Georgia projects.||100||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of people reached through social media publications||The total number of people who will see our publications in social networks.||7000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of activities developed||Total number of projects (Trainings, lectures, sessions, edit-a-thons, contests, meetings).||25||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of volunteer hours||We will take into account the hours of volunteering.||200||N/A||N/A||N/A|
8b. Additional core metrics data.
|Number of participants||The number of participants who will take part in all Wikimedia Georgia projects and programs. At least 40 participants were newbies.||160|
|Number of editors||Number of editors who will participate in all Wikimedia UG Georgia projects. At least 30 will be newbies.||90|
|Number of organizers||Number of Organization Members who will oversee the implementation of Wikimedia Georgia projects and programs.||12|
|Wikipedia||New or improved articles||1500||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wikimedia Commons||New images||600||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wikidata||New or improved elements||3000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wikisource||At the moment, this project is in the incubator and our goal is to get it out of there.||1000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wikiquote||We want to develop the Wikiquote and increase the content in it.||100||N/A||N/A||N/A|
9. Are you having any difficulties collecting data to measure your results?
10. Are you collaborating and sharing learning with Wikimedia affiliates or community members?
10a. Please describe how you have already shared them and if you would like to do more sharing, and if so how?
11. Documentation of your work process, story, and impact.
- Below there is a section to upload files, videos, sound files, images (photos and infographics, e.g. communications materials, blog posts, compelling quotes, social media posts, etc.). This can be anything that would be useful to understand and show your learning and results to date (e.g., training material, dashboards, presentations, communications material, training material, etc).
- Below is an additional field to type in link URLs.
Part 3: Financial reporting and compliance edit
12. Please state the total amount spent in your local currency.
13. Local currency type
14. Please report the funds received and spending in the currency of your fund.
- Upload Documents, Templates, and Files.
- Provide links to your financial reporting documents.
15. Based on your implementation and learning to date, do you have any plans to make changes to the budget spending?
15a. Please provide an explanation on how you hope to adjust this.
16. We’d love to hear any thoughts you have on how the experience of being a grantee has been so far.