Grants:PEG/WM SE/Wikipedia 10 years anniversary party
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Sverige
- Grant contact name
- Lennart Guldbrandsson
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- See above
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- See above
- Project lead title (position), if any
- See above
- Full project name
- Wikipedia 10 years anniversary party in Stockholm, Sweden on 2011-01-13 and 2011-01-15
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- Provisional completion date
- This amount is a special price for us that we have negotiated with a well-known (and friendly) marketing firm. It includes a central venue with panel debate possibilities as well as bar and mingling area, invitations to celebrity panelists and guests, media connections (with a high probability of getting through), and crew.
- Wikipedia themed cakes for 100 persons.
- To make it possible for more people to attend the festivities. The total sum will need to be amended with funds from other sources.
Wikimedia Sverige intends to have a high-profile celebration of Wikipedia's 10th anniversary, with one panel debate/party (designed to attract media and celebrities) and one more quiet celebration with films, talks and cake - in the City Library.
These two events will not only give roughly 100 persons, Wikipedians and non-Wikipedians alike, the possibility to meet and party, but also give Wikipedia some positive media attention. We will cover this with our own photographers and upload it under a free license to Wikimedia Commons.
The events will also be a start for one collaboration, with the City Library, who has done excellent work on online education, and deepen our collaborations with Nordiska museet and print-on-demand company Vulkan.
We would like for Sue Gardner and Jimmy Wales to send us a video greeting that we can use as a surprise for the guests.
Fit to strategyEdit
These events will increase content collaboration and Wikipedia education to the public, which will increase the reach of Wikipedia in Sweden. They will also be used to increase contributor satisfaction, which we hope will increase the number of on-Wikipedia projects and decrease conflicts.
With more positive media attention, we hope to increase the public's view on Wikipedia and increase public awareness of how Wikipedia works.
Measures of successEdit
There are several measures that we intend to use:
- number of attendees. If lower than 50, we will regard that as a failure.
- media stories. If more than 2 positive stories, we will regard that as a success.
- photos and videos. If we fail to cover these events with photos and videos and upload them under a free license, we regard that as a failure.