Grants:PEG/WM RS/Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Grant contact name
- Mile Kiš
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- General secretary
- Project lead name
- Mile Kiš
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Project Manager
- Full project name
- Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia
- Amount requested (in USD)
3,733.78 → 3,735.003,800
- Provisional target start date
- 1 November 2011
- Provisional completion date
- 25. February 2012
- Please note that the budget breakdown will be in Serbian dinar (RSD) for exact calculation, US dollar and EUR value only for comparison purpose.
- Rate: 1 USD ~ 76.9827 RSD; 1 EUR ~ 101.6942 RSD
Preparation & FundraisingEdit
|A||No||Preparation and fund raising||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||Communication cost (cellular and fax)||4||persons||4||months||4,000.00||16,000.00||207.84||154.33|
|2||Print and papers||4||months||2,000.00||8,000.00||103.92||78.67|
|4||Banner (Logo) design for the website||3||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Subtotal||RSD 27,600.00||USD 358.52||EUR 271.40|
- For items number 3 and 4 cost is free - decision of volunteers from WMRS
|B||No||Crew's training||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||Auditorium rent cost (beginners training February 20; advanced training February 23)||2||auditorium||2||days||10,000.00||20,000.00||259.80||196.67|
|2||Trainer meals and transportation||2||persons||2||days||1,500.00||3,000.00||38.97||29.50|
|3||Participant meals (beginners and advance training)||10||persons||2||day||200.00||5,000.00||51.96||39.33|
|4||Training equipment for participant (handouts)||12||persons||2||days||50.00||1,200.00||15.59||11.80|
|Subtotal||RSD 28,200.00||USD 366.32||EUR 277.30|
Accommodation, meals and transportation for the organizersEdit
|C||No||Accommodation and meals||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|3||Transport for Home-Belgrade-Home||2||persons||2.000.00||2,000.00||25.98||19.67|
|Subtotal||RSD 10,000.00||USD 129.90||EUR 98.33|
Snacks & refreshments for all participants (including crew)Edit
|D||No||Snacks & refreshments||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 60,000.00||USD 779.40||EUR 590.00|
|E||No||Homepage||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 47,850.00||USD 621.57||EUR 470.53|
|F||No||Technical equipment||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||Two video projectors with projection screen||1||prices||1||day||15,000.00||15,000.00||194.85||147.50|
|Subtotal||RSD 52,000.00||USD 857.34||EUR 649.00|
|G||No||Name tags||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 12,000.00||USD 155.88||EUR 118.00|
|H||No||Program leaflets||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 12,000.00||USD 155.88||EUR 118.00|
|I||No||Venue||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 138,000.00||USD 1,792.61||EUR 1,357.01|
|J||No||Promotional materials||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||Promotional materials and posters for venue||120||persons||1||set||80,000.00||80,000.00||1,039.19||786.67|
|Subtotal||RSD 80,000.00||USD 1,039.19||EUR 786.67|
|K||No||Miscellaneous expenses||Qty||Unit||Qty||Unit||Unit Price (RSD)||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|Subtotal||RSD 40,000.00||USD 519.60||EUR 393.34|
|Total||A + B + C + D + E + F + G + H + I + J + K + L*||RSD 574,263.16||USD 7,641.15||EUR 5,784.36|
- L* is for The Small Wikipedia Primer - $800.00
|No||Revised||Total Price (RSD)||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|1||The Register of National Internet Domain Names of Serbia (RNIDS)||100,000.00||1,298.99||983.34|
|2||Dom omladine Beograd||140,000.00||1,818.59||1,376.68|
|Subtotal||RSD 569,236.16||USD 7,567.20||EUR 5,735.20|
Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia is a project intended for galleries, libraries, archives and museums on the territory of Serbia. The subject of the conference is popularization of the use of Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons (as well as other Wikimedia projects) as a platform for GLAM institutions to submit free content.
Project consists of two parts:
- starting an Internet portal with a .rs top level domain that will provide information about CC licenses, ways of protecting intellectual property on the Internet and examples of completed projects with the same or similar institutions.
- organizing a conference with the representatives of GLAM institutions in Serbia, WMRS, WMF and other interested Wikimedia chapters.
Application process and attendeesEdit
100 seats are for representatives of GLAM institutions. Wikimedia chapters members interested in this event could apply to participate in an online form. Maximum 10 seats are for WMF representatives.
Applications for the conference will start on December 5 2011 at the latest. Registration will be held through an Internet site with no admission fees. Participants will be provided with free conference material.
Crew will get food for free at the venue.
Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia will be the largest gathering of representatives of GLAM institutions in Serbia, in the organization of an NGO. As such, it will be one of the most important cultural events in Serbia.
One of the basic goals of WMRS overlaps with the goals of the Wikimedia movement, and that is a desire to spread free knowledge and inclusion of GLAM institutions in its projects. Besides this, the host itself has a lot of goals: The most important will be to promote WMRS and Wikimedia projects in the Republic of Serbia and support free knowledge in this part of Europe. We want society to benefit from our work and reach new levels of attainment. We want to help spread free access to knowledge in Serbia, increase fund-raising and develop Serbian Wikimedia projects.
Open Wiki GLAM of Serbia contributes to the popularization of using Wikimedia projects in institutions of culture and art. By using Wikimedia projects, a vast body of knowledge would be created on the Internet and it would be free and open for everyone. Such contents could be used in educational and informative purposes. After this conference, there will be room for some other projects with GLAM institutions in Serbia.
We would also like to see representatives of Wikimedia Foundation on our GLAM conference.
Fit to strategyEdit
Approaching Wikimedian’s project to GLAMs from Serbia and explanations how GLAMs can use it will raise their interest for Wikipedia or other sisters project. Organizing such an event would increase our chances to work with other institutions and other organizations outside the Wikimedia world.
- Cooperation with business companies
- Local government attention and cooperation
- Partnership with cultural institutions
- Media cooperation and mass media attention by a press conference and press release
- All attendees and organizers will get certificates for job-related CV
Measures of successEdit
- The main measure of success will be a number of future projects between GLAM organizations and Wikimedia Serbia.
- One of important measures is following the visiting stats of the site devoted to GLAM institutions
- Media are also an important measure of success. If this conference resonates in media, positive stories about Wikimedia Serbia and Wikimedia projects will start getting spread. That will contribute to the development of local chapters and fundraising.
- Mile Kiš
- Nikola Smolenski
- Filip Maljković
- Ivan Matejić
- Dragan Satarić
- things we got for a lower price:
- security - 60%
- catering service - 20%
- technical staff of the venue (2 persons) 50%
Project supported byEdit
Requesting: $ 1,000.00 in order to cover two full scholarship applications (accommodation and travel) for:
- Noopur Raval, and
- Kiril Simeonovski
- Noopur Raval is member of Wikimeida India, involved in GLAM project in India. She wants to participate as a speaker, and talk about success stories of cooperation in its country.
- Kiril Simeonovski is board member of Wikimedia Macedonia. He is interesting to run GLAM project in his country. Because of our common history and similar cultural and political changes in Serbia and Macedonia, he believes that his attendance at GLAM Serbia conference can help him to understand and learn how to start GLAM project in Macedonia.
Wikimedia Serbia support their coming. Noopur experiences can help us in our works with local GLAM institutions.
- Approved. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 22:44, 24 January 2012 (UTC)