Grants:PEG/WM PH/Wiki Loves Monuments 2013/Reallocation
- Official project name
- Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines Report Publication
- Project start date (include month, day, and year)
- April 15, 2014
- Project completion date (include month, day, and year)
- August 15, 2014
- Please describe the project in 1–2 sentences
- The chapter has committed with government agencies which endorsed the project to provide a project documentation highlighting the best images taken during the contest period. Now that Wiki Loves Monuments in the Philippines has held two editions and may unlikely hold it in the near term, the project team deemed it necessary to already compile the output of the project.
- Originally, the project team planned to produce a photobook to distribute it during the awarding ceremony, hence it included it in the Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 grant (item#3), however a simpler photo program was decided to be distributed instead to the winners. The project team thought of reserving the photobook and use it as its documentation and distribute it to the government agencies which the chapter had committed to provide them with this type of documentation hence an initial layout was already prepared.
- Currency requested
- Philippine Pesos
- Amount requested in currency requested
- ₱ 19,900
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- US$ 462
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in US$
- ₱43 ≈ $1 based on the exchange rate at the time the original grant was approved.
- Primary contact name
- Eugene Villar
- Primary contact username or email
- eugene at wikimedia dot org dot ph
- Primary contact title (position within the organization)
If this project will be executed by someone other than the primary contact for your organization, please list that person's details here:
- Project lead name
- Roel Balingit
- Project lead username or email
- roel dot balingit at wikimedia dot org dot ph
- Project lead title (position), if any
Goals and measures of successEdit
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- To publish a project documentation featuring the best entries and provide copies of it to relevant government agencies like National Commission on Culture and the Arts, National Historical Commission of the Philippines, National Museum, Department of Tourism and National Parks Development Committee which have endorsed Wiki Loves Monuments in the Philippines.
- To set a standard of project documentation for the chapter that will be made available once the chapter undergoes "NGO certification/accreditation".
- To earn a reputation and credibility and be recognized by relevant government agencies as an organization that creates projects that has value for the Filipino public.
Measures of successEdit
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is.
- Measures of success
- This project will be considered successful if we will:
Project scope and activitiesEdit
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when?
- List of activities
- Completion of layout (end of May 2014)
- Printing (end of June 2014)
- Distribution (July 2014) to
- National Commission on Culture and the Arts
- National Historical Commission of the Philippines
- National Museum
- Department of Tourism
- National Parks and Development Committee
- National Library
Budget and resourcesEdit
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||Printing||pcs||8||2,300 ($52)||18,400 ($416)||PHP|
|2||Transportation and other related expenses||–||–||–||1,500 ($35)||PHP|
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategyEdit
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- This is intended to be part of the chapter's documentation efforts in its bid to have full documentation of its projects before it submits itself for accreditation by the government sanctioned Philippine Council for NGO Certification (PCNC).
- As copies of this publication will be distributed to relevant government agencies, this will help the Chapter gain credibility and help it earn the endorsement of the said agencies once it undergoes accreditation.
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See WMF Grants Program criteria for decisionmaking.
- Organization development
- The project team would like to establish a benchmark on how projects should at least be documented, more than completing their respective reports on Meta. Emphasize on the value of partnering with government agencies which will help it broaden its reach through their endorsements.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- A PDF format of the publication will be made available online and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.