Grants:PEG/WM DK/Wikipedian-in-Residence Scholarship
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Danmark
- Grant contact name
- Thomas Bredøl
- Grant contact e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name(s)
- Ole Palnatoke Andersen
- Project lead e-mail
- Project lead title (position)
- Full project name
- Wikipedian-in-Residence Scholarship
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- June, 2011
- Provisional completion date
- June, 2012
- 2-4 scholarships for wikipedians-in-residence 20000 DKK ~ 4000 USD
Sum 4000 USD
Two GLAM institutions in Denmark plan to have wikipedians-in-residence in 2011/2012, but such positions are not salaried, so many capable potential candidates will not apply.
We would like to have a broader set of potential residents. A scholarship could open the positions to people in ordinary jobs.
The goal of this project is to enable a wider recruitment.
There are no significant non-financial requirements, but we are in a process of learning and sharing our experiences.
Fit to strategyEdit
The project will help develop the cooperation with the GLAM sector, and allow us to expand this cooperation in the future.
This project allows us to take advantage of some timely opportunities for cooperation with the GLAM sector.
Measures of successEdit
We will consider this project a success if we attract at least one applicant for a wikipedian-in-residence position, who is not a student and does not have alternate funding.