Overview of MG media collection topicsEdit
|Objects||Photographs||Expenditures CZK||Paid out CZK|
|České zoologické zahrady||Czech Zoos||0||0||0||0||0|
|Foto českých obcí||Documentation of Czech Municipalities including the smallest ones||104||1 035||11 542||33 937 ($1,720)||23 521|
|Lidová tvořivost||Folk craft||4||4||481||3 292 ($170)||2 464|
|Obrazová dokumentace chráněných území a památných stromů v ČR||Documentation of protected Natural Areas and Memorable Trees in the Czech Republic||91||376||6 768||19 486 ($990)||16 363|
|Odborná fotografie||Scientific Photography||5||3||270||948 ($50)||502|
|Události||Documentation of important events in the Czech Republic||3||2||93||132 ($10)||97|
|Vodstvo||Water bodies of the Czech Republic||0||0||0||0 ($0)||0|
|Židovské památky||Documentation of Jewish monuments in the Czech Republic||15||212||2 123||7 818 ($400)||5 649|
|Summary||222||1 632||21 277||65 613 ($3,320)||48 596|
|Name||Description||Photographs||Expenditures CZK||Paid out CZK|
|Digitalizace skleněných diapozitivů - 1. fáze||Digitalization of historical photographs - phase 1||N/A||976 ($50)||620|
- There will always be some difference between “Expenditures” and “Paid out” because there is always a time delay between recording expenditures into tracker and supporting them by documents and approving them. The second reason for this is that a few expenditures were decided not be approved in full extent.
- Number of journeys, objects, photographs and corresponding expenditures are from now counted strictly form tracker, so objects and photographs from one journey are not divided by themes and are counted under the main theme of a particular journey.
- The amounts in USD was rounded so the summary amounts should not correspond.
- Three objects (rivers/streams) with 54 photos are counted under the main theme of a particular journey
Total amount of all Mediagrant expenditures: 163 236,35 CZK (approx. 8,240 USD)
- one-time requests: 97 619,75 CZK (4,930 USD)
- long-term topics: 65 613,60 CZK (3,310 USD)
As spring and summer came to the Czech Republic, the total amount of trips done by photographers has significantly increased, when compared with autumn and winter of 2012. This shows a clearly seasonal effect caused by specialization of our two most widely used subgrants – photographing of Czech villages and protected areas. While it is possible to document villages in winter as well, the most beautiful pictures are often obtained in a green landscape and during a sunny weather. In contrast, the best time to photograph protected areas is in spring (with all the flowering plants which are often the main target of area protection). Taken together, it is obvious why spring and summer are the most busy times for the current setup of Mediagrant – during these seasons, most of the participants take advantage of the conditions to travel to the countryside.
This all might be also associated with vacations for students and workers. Therefore, we highly recommend everyone to try to make "campaigns" propagating outdoor photographing in April/May and then all over the summer months. This timing might help you target people travelling throughout the country with necessary free time for photographing.
- As seen from the graph, the number of participating photographers and especially the number of obtained photographs has been steadily increasing in the Documentation of Czech Municipalities topic, compared with last year. There is one photographer with 12 journeys and nearly 3000 photographs taken during the first half of this year.
- The number of photographs has also increased in the Documentation of protected Natural Areas topic, but we were not able to attract new participants despite popularization of this topic by Facebook and other channels during this term.
- Documentation of Jewish monuments topic achieved a good result (6 journeys with 22 new objects), but only with one participant.
- On the other hand Water bodies topic had more participants, but no journey (all photographs have been obtained only as “side photos” during a journey for other topic). It seems that "Water bodies" has begun to serve as a side topic.
Future of MediagrantEdit
We are preparing a direct continuance of Mediagrant to be presented to GAC.
- Many photographs are recorded in next trimestr (after the trimestr of the journey) so the number of photographs does not correspond exactly with the table above.