- Legal name of chapter
- Asociación Civil Wikimedia Argentina
- Grant contact name
- Patricio Lorente
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- President of Wikimedia Argentina
- Project lead name
- Enrique Chaparro
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Vicepresident of Wikimedia Argentina
- Full project name
- Wikimedia en el aula
- Amount requested (in USD)
- u$s 2,000.00
- Provisional target start date
August 1st, 20091 June 2010
- Provisional completion date
July 1st, 20101 May 2011
Budget breakdown edit
- Print 5,000 booklets of Wikipedia en el aula ("Wikipedia in the classroom"), a "Das kleine Wikipedia-Einmaleins" style booklet, with a viewpoint of Wikipedia for teachers.
How much will printing each booklet cost? U$2000/5000 = U$0.40 - is that the cost?? What about: travel for conferences renting conference rooms publicity for conferences can you think of other costs?
These need to be broken down and cost estimates need to be given so to justify how you arrived at $2K.
Project scope edit
Wikimedia Argentina receives questions and requests from teachers of all levels of the educational system. Our members usually make presentations and workshops with both teachers and students. This booklet will help with this outreach activity, with a synthesis of the main content of these conferences and workshops.
Project goal edit
Our goal is to help and encourage teachers to use Wikipedia in a responsible and creative way and sharing existing experiencies.
Non-financial requirements edit
There are none.
Fit to strategy edit
The project will provide a simple but powerful and effective tool to grab teachers' interests, and will help answer the main concerns about the quality of Wikipedia and its potential as an educational tool.
Other benefits edit
The booklet, although is already available online, will be the first printed material of Wikimedia Argentina (excepting dissemination brochures). This will help Wikimedia Argentina to improve its visibility.
Measures of success edit
- Number of conferences and workshops with teachers (should be no less than 10 in this period).
- Number of teachers attending (no less than 500 in total).
- Number of teachers with the booklet (we hope to distribute them all).