Grants:PEG/WM AR/Annual Program Plan 2012
Comprehensive Plan for Oct. 2011 to Dec. 2012. as approved by Members of Wikimedia Argentina in its General Assembly (October 8th 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina).
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
- Legal name of chapter
- Asociación Civil Wikimedia Argentina
- Grant contact name
- Ivana Lysholm
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Ivana Lysholm
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Wikimedia Argentina Annual Plan 2012
- Amount requested (in USD)
- u$s 101,538
- Provisional target start date
- November 1st, 2011
- Provisional completion date
- December 31st, 2012
- Increase the participation of Argentine Wikimedia members in Wikimedia projects with the following two priorities: Increase female participation and promote activities throughout all the nation.
- Promote the cooperation between Wikimedia Argentina and GLAM institutions.
- Promote the use of open licenses and the discussion of intellectual property laws.
Fit to strategyEdit
As stated in WMF Strategy for 2015, Global South is one of the main priorities, not only to increase the access from development countries, but also to increase the number of contributions from a Southern Perspective. Our yearly plan as one of the oldest chapters in South America, will focus in both topics: increasing the number of participants, contributors and readers from our country and region specially considering the idea of reaching other cities (not only Buenos Aires). Federalisation is one of our main goals for year 2012. Our Iberoamerican Initiative is oriented in this same way.
If WMF wants to have a 25% of women contributing to the projects for 2015, we consider that a comprehensive gender strategy is needed. That's why we are adding gender perspective to all our main projects, including our education agenda.
Our plan will focus on: Increasing reach and participation (by working in a gender dimension, federalisation, cooperation with our regional partners and other sister organisations like Creative Commons, Vía Libre, librarians, media, etc), quality (by reaching the educational field, coordinating with education authorities and GLAM Institutions), and organisational development as well.
Federalization: increase the participation of Wikimedia members outside of Buenos Aires by 20%
- Produce two events in two cities outside of Buenos Aires to strengthen the participation of Wikimedia members in the rest of the country in the projects. These events could be edition workshops and marathons. Both events will include gender perspective and copyright issues.
- Quantity of new participants in each meetup.
- Number of registered users in the event.
- Quantity of articles in the news.
- Quantity of women present at the event.
Increase the participation of women in the chapter to 25%
- Organize one activity (internally organized) on the application of gender policies in WA projects (March 2012)
- Organize one activity with organizations socially linked to gender politics and include subjects relating to gender in the projects.
- Implement gender policies in a transverse form in WA projects, following the guidelines proposed by the H. Böll Foundation.
- Number of women who participate in the activities
- Quantity of articles linked to the subject of gender produced on the framework of the activities.
- Evaluation of the degree of implementation of the policies pertaining to gender in the projects. Ex: Quantity of female panelists and presenters in the events, quantity of female participants in the events, etc.
Intellectual property and free licensesEdit
To promote discussion regarding intellectual property laws and the use of Creative Commons licenses.
- Lobby for the modification of law 11723 in Argentina.
- Do a public activity centered on Creative Commons in Argentina and participate in at least two activities about intellectual property.
- Include a session on the topic in federal events
- Print material to spread CC in Spanish
- Lobby to prevent the passing of laws that affect the mission of the Wikimedia projects, including the extension and duration of the IP monopolies
- Propose a legal text to modify law 11723 allowing freedom of panorama.
- Number of participants in public events
- Meetings held with legislators, consultants and decision making people in the IP topic
- Number of press releases published
- Presentation of a project to modify law 11723 in order to have Freedom of Panorama
Create a public relations strategy
- Print support materials for public events.
- Organize and/or participate in at least five public activities in a year.
- Spread the institutional videos.
- Design press strategies to support activities on another areas of work.
- Maintain the institutional website with at least two new publications per month.
- Do specific campaigns to promote the other goals of our plan
- Number of press coverages
- Number of people at events
- Number of women at events
- Number of visits to our videos webpage
- Website statistics (amount of visits per month)
To promote the use of Wikimedia projects in education, including those areas where there's bilingual education, with native local languages like aymara, quechua, guarani, and mapugungun.
- Upgrade Wikipedia en el Aula booklet
- Organize 2 education events in local languages (Aymara, Quechua, Guaraní, Mapudungun)
- Organize 10 workshops on wikipedia and education (including teachers and professors from different levels including primary and university education)
- Disemination of the new wikipedia en el aula booklet (amount of people receiving the booklet)
- Number of new registered users in native languages wikimedia projects
- Number of participants in each workshop,
- Number of women in each workshop.
To promote GLAM Projects and the cooperation with GLAM Institutions
- Sign the Agreement with RTA (Public radio and TV)
- Promote agreements with GLAM Institutions like National Archive, National Library, public libraries and other institutions like them.
- Contact at least 2 GLAM institutions or Museums.
- Develop and print a legal guide for GLAM Projects.
- Building a DIY Scanner for GLAM
- Amount of historic archives published in commons and wikisources
- Level of disemination of the legal guide for GLAM.
Strengthen Iberoamerican Cooperation
- Keep iberocoop mailing list active and working
- Help, promote and Co-organize the next iberocoop meeting
- Promote and organize natural resources capture (like GLAM, but for natural resources, which are tipical from Latinamerica)
- Present Iberocoop at Wikimania DC
- Number of archives of cultural and natural heritage from Argentina uploaded to commons within Iberocoop iniciative.
- Documentation of the Iberoamerican Meeting
- Participants survey
To sustain our administrative and institutional organization as a chapter.
- Establish an office for Wikimedia Argentina
- Hire personal: Executive Director and Assistant.
- Prepare internal workshop on project management
- Publish a monthly report for members and the WMF
- Organize monthly Board meetings
- Promote more participation of WA members in the chapter
- Prepare the evaluation and planification for next period
- Members survey. Regular consultations and feedback from Wikimedia members.
|1.1. Travel expenses||bus tickets||30||$300.00||$9,000.00|
|1.2. Per diem||lunch/ dinner||30||$100.00||$3,000.00|
|1.3. Local Outreach||graphic materials||100||$10.00||$1,000.00|
|1.4. Logistics||local travel expenses||$1,000.00|
|Subtotal 1||$16,600.00||4,048.78 USD|
|2.1. Workshop logistics||Varios||1||$3,000.00||$3,000.00|
|2.2. Print materials||Reading materials,||20||$100.00||$2,000.00|
|Subtotal 2||$9,900.00||2,414.63 USD|
|3.2. Outreach event||brochures||500||$2.00||$1,000.00|
|Logistics / coffee break||1||$2,000.00||$2,000.00|
|Subtotal 3||$15,300.00||3,731.71 USD|
|4.1. office rent (2 years)||Monthly rent||24||$2,000.00||$48,000.00|
|4.2. Office Equipment||office forniture||1||$5,000.00||$5,000.00|
|4.3. Computer equipment||others||1||$7,000.00||$7,000.00|
|4.4. Services||Monthly various||24||$500.00||$12,000.00|
|4.5. Executive Director||Monthly salary||15||$10,000.00||$150,000.00|
|4.6. Assistant (part time)||Monthly salary||15||$3,000.00||$45,000.00|
|Subtotal 4||$267,000.00||65,121.95 USD|
|5.2. Edition Booklet||Design||1||$1,500.00||$1,500.00|
|5.3. web site maintenance||Hosting and others||1||$3,000.00||$3,000.00|
|Subtotal 5||$28,900.00||7,050 USD|
|6.1. New Booklet||design||1||$1,500.00||$1,500.00|
|6.2. Aymara Booklet||design||1||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
|6.3. Guaraní Booklet||design||1||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
|7.1. Legal Guide for GLAM||Design||1||$1,500.00||$1,500.00|
|7.2. Equipment||DIY Scanner||3||$4,000.00||$12,000.00|
|Subtotal 7||$17,500.00||4,268.29 USD|
|8.1. Participation in Iberoconf||Transportation||2||$3,000.00||$6,000.00|
|8.2. Participation in Chapters' Meeting||Transportation||3||$4,000.00||$12,000.00|
|8.3. Participation in Wikimanía||Transportacion||3||$4,000.00||$12,000.00|
|Subtotal 8||$39,600.00||S9,658.54 USD|
- For grantees
If you are the grantee or representative that wrote this grant submission, you may request changes by using these links: