Grants:PEG/WM AM/WikiConference Yerevan 2013
- Name of project
- WikiConference Yerevan 2013
- Project start date (include month, day, and year)
- 5 October 2013
- Project completion date (include month, day, and year)
- 6 October 2013
- Please describe the project in 1–2 sentences
- The conference to disseminate Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects in regions of Armenia and diaspora (in Armenian and local language Wikipedias).
- Currency requested (you must specify a currency)
- Amount requested in currency requested
- US$ 9450
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in USD
- Project start date (10, 05, 2013)
See the eligibility requirements for more information.
- Are you an organization, an individual, or an individual submitting on behalf of a group?
- Answer ORGANIZATION, INDIVIDUAL, or GROUP.
- Project lead name
- Susanna Mkrtchyan
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- President, Wikimedia Armenia
Goals and measures of successEdit
- This statement describes what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Before the description of the goals of the conference one remark.
The main activities will be at the preconference time. We'll organize workshops in three branches: Glam,University and Institutions.
The Project goal is to disseminate wiki participation in regions and within Armenian diaspora and create campuses of local active wikimedians. To collaborate with museums in Armenia in order to encourage the GLAM project activities.
We'll work as in local level with the particular school, university and museum or library, as well globally training cources for ambassadors from each school, each university, each museum.
During the Conference days we would review results and discuss proposals how to go ahead as in outreach of Wiki projects as well enlarge and develop the content of Wikipedia and other sister projects.
Measures of successEdit
- Provide a list of measurable criteria will you use to determine if your project was successful. You will need to report on the success of your project according to these measures after your project is completed.
- The conference will be successful, if the
- to the end of this year more than 50% of the content of Soviet Armenian Encyclopedia will be in Wikipedia in updated and corresponding to wiki articles format,
- we will have collaboration with at minimum with three museums (GLAM),
- Wiki editing in learning process will be used in one university and in one school.
- The conference will attend at the minimum 200 students and 10 lecturers and staff members from 5 wordwide known museums of Armenia.
- more than in 3 regions we will have active wikimedians.
- more than 20 organizations will support the activities of Wikimedia Armenia.
(My principle is to define more targets than you can in order to achieve at last half of it’s.)
Project scope and activitiesEdit
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded.
- List of activites
- What will happen if this project is funded? Who will do what, and when?
- We divided the translation of brochures from bookshelf to Armenian among wikimedians.
We are going to publish all brochures from bookshelf in Armenian.
- We are going to organize Preconference events in Gyumri (already several)and in Vanadzor correspondingly to activate Wiki movement in these cities.
- We already started collaboration with Erebuni Fortress museum, to start GLAM project. We'll intensively collaborate one month in hope that later the museum's personnel will continue participate in development of Armenian Wikipedia.
We planned to work in the same way, the minimum with two museums.
Provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here
Note that grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Total project budget
|Item||Number||Travel expenses||Accommodation||Per day||Total|
|Experienced wikimedian in GLAM||1||600$||3*100$||3*20||960$|
|Experienced wikimedian in educational projects||1||600$||3* 100$||3*20||960$|
|Printing brochures in Armenian||3*200||600$|
- Total amount requested
- US$ 9450
- Are there additional sources of revenue that will fund any part of this project? List them here.
We left money from previous WMF Grant about 2000$. Since now we are chapter: Wikimedia Armenia, it will help to recieve other sources for supporting the conference and other activities of Armenian chapter. We have partner organizations which will provide Venue and WiFi for free, but we are going to negotiate with the American university of Armenia in order to organize the conference in this university. It is more correspond to our requirements for the Venue of the conference.
Our partner organizations are Shirak technologies, Instigate Foundation, KAZA Foundation, Institute for informatics and automation problems.
This section is optional. It may be used to highlight the grantee's potential for successfully executing this project.
Consider including the following information:
- List of team members (names or usernames)::
- Arman musikyan (talk) 11:18, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- Armen Mirzoyan
- Avetic Yessayan (Shirak Technologies)
- Amalya Kostanyan (Instigate)
- Anahit Minasyan (KASA Foundation)
- Onwiki evidence of community support (such as a project about this discussion):
- Endorsements from community members or movement groups:
- Special skills or qualifications this grantee or the project lead brings to this project:
- Evidence of past success in executing similar projects:
This section will describe how the proposed project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities. It will also provide information about other benefits to Wikimedia communities.
Fit to strategyEdit
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of,
- increasing reach (more people being able to access or contribute to Wikipedia or our other projects),
- participation (more people actually contributing),
- quality (more useful content or higher quality existing content),
- credibility (more trust in our projects),
- organizational maturity and effectiveness (how it will move your chapter or the Wikimedia community as a whole forward),
- or financial sustainability (how it will help your chapter achieve more in the long run)?
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See WMF Grants Program criteria for decisionmaking.
- more people, more students, and particularly more professionals will contribute Wikipedia and other projects.
- during organizing conference we will collaborate with other organizations, in result Wikimedia Armenia will become more mature and more effective, and will get more chances for financial resources.
more people, more students, and particularly more professionals will contribute Wikipedia and other projects. during organizing conference we will collaborate with other organizations, in result Wikimedia Armenia will become more mature and more effective, and will get more chances for financial resources.
- If your project will benefit a specific online community, please list that here. For example, English Wiktionary.
- None listed
- Provide a brief statement (about 1 paragraph) about how your project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. Does your project fit into a work area such as GLAM, Education, Organization Development, Editor Retention, or Outreach?
- We are organizing Outreach activities all time in universities, already started the GLAM project with Erebuni museum, and we are considering the conference for reviewing and sharing results of our activities and discovering new ways for enlarging and increasing Wikipedia and Wikimedia activities . We hope that we can attract editors outside of Yerevan, who could disseminate Wikipedia editing in local regions and to help newcomers.
- If successful, does your project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1 - 2 sentences.
- One of the goals of our conference is to organize local groups in regions for disseminating Wikimedia projects. We already have small group in Gyumry. We hope that livestream transmission of conference will help to attract and encourage editors in other countries for outreach activities.
- Please list any other benefits that this project will produce.
- The conference will advertize Wiki projects and activities of Wikimedia Armenia, therefore will attract sponsors and authorities to support Wikimedia Armenia. In addition it will help collaboration with other institutions in order to facilitate providing content.