Grants:PEG/Need DSLR camera and Tele Lens for Discover the Birds of Sulawesi Photographs
- See the discussion page of this grant request for more information.
- Since this grant was withdrawn, no report is required and no further action is required from the grantee.
- Official project name
- Discover the Birds of Sulawesi Photographs
- Project start date
- 20 December 2013
- Project completion date
- 20 December 2014
- The projet is to collect the birds of Sulawesi photographs, and upload it at Wikimedia Commons.
- Currency requested
- Amount requested in currency requested
- Rp. 38.070.000
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- US$ 3,339.47
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in US$
- US$ 0.0889 per 1000 rupiah (quoted from bi.go.id on 7 September 2013)
Project lead detailsEdit
- Are you an organization, an individual, or an individual submitting on behalf of a group?
- Project lead name
- Arief Rahman
- Project lead username or email
- Ariefrahman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals and measures of successEdit
- The goal of the project is to collect birds photographs around North Sulawesi and upload it on Wikimedia under Creative Commons License.
Measures of successEdit
- I will consider this project a success if I have uploaded 60 endemic birds of Sulawesi photographs at least (total endemic birds species in Sulawesi is 97) in Wikimedia Commons.
Project scope and activitiesEdit
- List of activities
- Funding for this project will pay free birds of Sulawesi photographs for the encyclopedia and put into Commons Wikimedia. After that, it will evolve to the other Wikimedia Project, such as Wikipedia and Wikispecies.
Budget and resourcesEdit
- Project budget table
|Camera||Nikon D7000||1 Package||Rp. 9.970.000||$ 874.56|
|Lens||Nikon AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR||1 Package||Rp. 26.850.000||$2,355.26|
|Tripod||Benro Tripod A0680TBH00||1 Package||Rp. 1.250.000||$109.65|
- Total cost of project
- ID Rp. 38.070.000
- US$ 3,339.47
- Total amount requested from the WMF Grants Program
- US$ 3,339.47
- I have strong experience to wild birds photography
Fit to strategyEdit
- This project will increased Wikimedia and Wikipedia guests, develop birds category in Wikipedia
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- This project will directly benefit to the other birdwatchers, help they to identify birds.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- The project falls into the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives, and museum) program area
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- This project has a high potential to be replicated by the other poeple and groups in Indonesia.