Grants:PEG/Computer Professionals' Union/Pandayan sa Daluyan: New Media as a Tool for Promoting and Developing Free Content to Cultural Organizations
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- CP-Union.Org Inc. (Computer Professionals Union) 
- For organizations: Are you a for-profit entity? No
- For organizations: If non-profit (US) or equivalent (outside the US) status is available in your country, do you have or are you pursuing such status (please be specific): Non-profit status
- For individual applicants: Please note that if your request is accepted you will be required to provide documentation verifying your full legal name and address.
- Grant contact name
- Ricardo T. Bahague Jr.
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- National Coordinator
- Project lead name
- Gladys R. Regalado
- Project lead username or email
- Regaladys / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Project Coordinator
- Full project name
- Pandayan sa Daluyan: New Media as a Tool for Promoting and Developing Free Content to Cultural Organizations
- Amount requested in USD or local currency (USD will be assumed if no other currency is specified)
- 1150 USD (48,300 PhP)
- Provisional target start date
- May 4, 2012
- Provisional completion date
- May 6, 2012
- Catering and Venue: 850 USD (35,700 PhP)
- Supplies and Materials: 300 USD (12,600 PhP)
Remaining project expenses are covered by the National Commission for Culture for the Arts Competitive Grants Program and other partner organizations.
- Expand the community of cultural workers and organizations sharing free content and advocating free culture using new media tools.
- Improve sharing of various groups in Southern Philippines through the Pandayan sa Daluyan portal. The Pandayan sa Daluyan portal is an online repository of free creative works.
- Integrate new media in the practice of cultural organizations to make their creations more accessible online and to easily facilitate sharing of free creative works.
- Improve local content contribution to Wikipedia from the Southern Philippines, related to culture, history and heritage.
Project scope and list of activitiesEdit
Pandayan sa Daluyan is a three-day conference-workshop on integrating new media and free culture concepts to the practices of community-based organizations in Southern Philippines. This will be held at Iligan City, Lanao del Norte on May 4-6, 2012.
50 participants from community-based cultural organizations from various regions in Mindanao.
The project will focus on the following topics:
- Cultural work and advocacy
- Free content and free culture
- Introduction to new media and digital tools
- Integration of open content and new media concepts to various cultural works
- Hands-on activities – content creation, sharing open content using new media tools
This is the second Pandayan sa Daluyan conference-workshop. Last April 2011, about 70 participants from 50 organizations converged in the University of the Philippines – Diliman to share experiences in free content creation, sharing and use of new media in different fields of cultural work.
- Input on Free Content and Free Culture from local Wikimedians
- Wikimedia paraphernalia for participants
Fit to strategyEdit
The activity can increase the exposure of the Wikimedia Foundation and its goals in Southern Philippines. This can invite participation of local artists and cultural workers, sharing Wikimedia's advocacy of free knowledge, to Wikimedia's projects and services. The conference-workshop can introduce the local Wikimedia chapter to a potential support-network in Southern Philippines.
- The network of artist-participants can be tapped in the future for contributions to free culture projects.
- The event will be featured in a national daily paper and can draw attention to the project as well as Wikimedia and Free Culture.
Measures of successEdit
- Replication of Pandayan sa Daluyan in communities in the Southern Philippines.
- Creative works released under CC-BY-SA license and showcased in the Pandayan sa Daluyan webportal.
- Distribution of at least 50 sets of wiki paraphernalia to participating organizations.
- Release of 6 educational videos on free knowledge and new media licensed by CC-BY-SA
Team members (optional)Edit
- Ricardo T. Bahague
- Gladys R. Regalado