Grants:PEG/Addihockey10/Camera equipment request
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact username or email
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- Full project name
- Underwater photography documentation
- Amount requested in USD or local currency (USD will be assumed if no other currency is specified)
- ~$666.52-$1046.52 USD
- Provisional target start date
- May 1st 2012
- Provisional completion date
- Underwater camera case for Canon Powershot G9 (I own the camera): $177.50 USD (purchased used from e-bay)
- Underwater strobes: approximately $420 for one. (two can be used for better quality pictures, but that would be a total of $800) link
- Books to aid in identification : $69.02
Total: $666.52 (~$1046.52 with additional strobe)
The goal of this project is to photograph and document the sealife of the Vancouver Island area and release the photographs under CC-BY-3.0 with accurate descriptions to Wikimedia Commons and add them to their respective articles. I plan to upload approximately 1000 photos after 3 months upon receiving the equipment.
Project scope and list of activitiesEdit
Funding for this project will be used to purchase photography equipment to use on my diving expeditions to document sealife.
None at this point in time
Fit to strategyEdit
This project will enable myself to provide high-quality photographs to Wikimedia Commons of otherwise undocumented sealife. It should also be noted that if there are Wikimedians in Canada who would have use for this equipment because they have a Canon PowerShot G9 the equipment will be available to them as well.
Measures of successEdit
This project will be considered a success if I manage to upload 1000 high-quality photographs to Wikimedia Commons within the first 3 month period. My goals are to photograph and document at least 10 different species that do not currently have coverage on the Wikimedia Commons, supply photos of at least 300 different plant /animal species, and 100 different types of rocks with the photography equipment purchased with the funds provided. After the first three months, I will continue to utilize this equipment and upload the photos taken to Wikimedia Commons and re-evaluate my goal and if it was met and create a new one based on that analysis.