Learning patterns/Thanking users
What problem does this solve? edit
Thanking the people who take your survey can be very important. We are a volunteer movement where the large majority of people do this work on their own time and they fill out your survey on their own time, because they want to see the projects and our movememt improve. Thanking users shows how much they are appreciated by the movement and incentivizes them to continue in their important work to support us.
What is the solution? edit
Thanking and appreciating users in an inexpensive way can be difficult, but can also be a very fun and a great way to build rapport with your users. We are a community after all, so its important to add that personal touch. It is especially valuable to add a personal touch to give individualized appreciation - something unique for a user to know we are not just sending a general form of thanks.
Ways to Thank Users edit
- Send users who took your survey a fun picture of the team, thanking them
- Sending users a short video thanking them (add applause, cheers, and dance at your own discretion)
- Send milestone users a personalized card or gift from the WMF store for their hard work
- Post an image to a users page, acknowledging their work
- Invite users to a public hangout or IRC chat, to talk about the survey or their work and thank them for their contributions
- Create a certificate with team manager's signature to send to user
Related patterns edit
- Recognizing Users
- Recognizing Staff