Learning patterns/Social processes within communities
What problem does this solve?Edit
Basic issues and major discussions within the communities cannot be solved productively by the means available to the individual, and often prove to be unfruitful and frustrating. It is impossible to compensate those social dynamics with classic support methods, solely addressing material and organisational needs.
What is the solution?Edit
Designated people within the chapters are responsible for these social processes within the communities and identify their social needs. Thus, they can interact closely with the communites, as well as with other parties concerned, attend to respective discussions and facilitate solutions.
When to useEdit
- Wikimedia Foundation's Technical Liaisons
- at the end of 2011, WMF decided to bring on full time staff focused on working together with the volunteers on technical projects. See Blog post.
- Grants:Learning patterns/Keeping documentation of discussions with team
- Grants:Learning patterns/Project roles
- Grants:Learning patterns/Expert involvement
- Grants:Learning patterns/When staff work with volunteers
- Grants:Learning patterns/Supporting volunteers in administration
- Grants:Learning patterns/Keeping in touch with volunteers