Global Data and Insights Team
|Global Data & Insights Team|
|Learning and Evaluation Hub|
The Global Data & Insights Team (GD&I) helps monitor the impact of the work being done across the movement, and guides other Community Engagement teams in executing effective programs through ongoing analysis, learning and evaluation support.
Who we areEdit
The Global Data & Insights team promotes the use of evaluation for learning and improving decision making that will better Wikimedia projects and communities. This includes:
- developing the capacity of Foundation and movement leaders in program evaluation, design, and data use in decision-making;
- facilitating the use and development of evaluation for creating shared frameworks, tools, and research;
- providing a hub of learning and evaluation resources for our affiliates, grantees, volunteer program leaders, and the broader Wikimedia community to connect to resources and experienced people to help them exchange learning to be successful; and
- executing and reflectively applying research and evaluation work to inform the Foundation's community engagement strategies.
- Sumeet Bodington (Director)
- Sumeet has worked across different industries and sectors over the last 15 years. From impact evaluation in the Banking industry looking at projects across the globe, to Public Health and International Development, to Corporate Accountability Sumeet has lent her skills in for-profit, non-profit, and academicsettings to elevate voices of people who are not normally heard and make sure that their voices are incorporated in program design and implementation to reach intended impact.
- Jaime began at the foundation in 2013 with the development of the program evaluation and design initiative. She has spent years organizing Learning Days, providing support for the AffCom as well as affiliate and movement data collection efforts. Jaime currently leads the teams efforts at identifying practices for evaluating with equity as well as in landscape research and the development of an equity index in which we can assess movement development and progress toward our 2030 aims in the context of related global progress. Jaime has an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Social Psychology and more than 15 years of experience in evaluation.
- Dumisani has a Diploma in Electrical Engineering and extensive experience in System Analysis and data pattern recognition. He came to the Wikimedia Foundation from a strong background as a volunteer for the local chapter and convener of the African regional meeting. He works at the foundation to monitor, analyze, and share learning from affiliate and Program leaders.
- Rebecca has a PhD in Sociology and an MHS in International Public Health. Before joining the Foundation in 2019, she taught courses in sociology and conducted mixed-methods research on the U.S. environmental movement while pursuing her PhD. Prior to this, she worked in household-level injury prevention research. She manages the annual Community Insights Survey and supports L&E's efforts to better understand how the Foundation can effectively support the Wikimedia movement.
- Irene supports the grants team's efforts with data analysis and data architecture system upgrades. Talk with me about article quality, editing metrics, knowledge gap tracking, search insights, reader insights, grants metrics, Python & Pandas for data analysis, Jupyter Notebooks, Superset.
What we doEdit
Foundation Data & InsightsEdit
Improve the effectiveness and equity of Foundation-led programs and events by collecting, collating, and reporting on data that helps us evaluate program inputs, outputs, and outcomes so that leaders have insights to shape planning and funding decisions.
Movement Data & InsightsEdit
Collect, analyze, and share data on the demographics, needs, and experiences of movement participants to inform ongoing decision making and determine whether we are meeting Foundation goals related to a thriving movement and so that ultimately, we can create a more equitable movement.
Data Tools & Evaluation ResourcesEdit
- Developing quantitative and qualitative evaluation instruments, metrics, and data approaches (including surveys).
- Collaborating with Program Officers, event coordinators, and grant committee members to review and assess grantee programs and evaluation plans.
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring evaluation strategy, plans, and processes.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from different populations
- Providing internal design & development input to movement organizers tools
- Participating in task and workflow tracking and management for quarterly reporting; weekly team stand-up and manager check-ins, monthly department meetings, as well as team and individual goals.
- Supporting strategic planning & accountability through quarterly and annual planning and reporting of team efforts as well as participation in the Foundation's strategic planning.
Global Data & Insights teamEdit
|To whom I go to about …||L&E contact|
|Affiliate Data||Dumisani, Jaime|
|Community Insights||Becky, Jaime|
|Grants Data||Irene, Jaime|
|Data Tools & Metrics||Jaime, Becky|
|Evaluation Strategy||Becky, Jaime|
|Global Landscape Data||Jaime|
|Survey Design & Analysis||Becky, Jaime|