Grants:IdeaLab/Wiki free music
The project was born from the idea of creating a new musical space on Wikimedia where everyone can learn, study, download, listen, share and upload music content totally free from copyright to inspire them to invent new creations or just to have a good time. I have imagined this space filled of video-tutorials uploaded by teachers of piano, singing, violin, guitar, ukulele, etc., who donate their free know to the Wikimedia community; every musician, singer or music band can upload their tracks and take on the Wikiusers that will give feedback and grades to the songs. The space will also include a teaching facility interrelated that teaches the history of the music, the origins of the genres and the musical styles, references to the great composers, musicians, scribes and inventors of musical instruments.
The project will be useful to:
- all beginners musicians who do not have the option of paying music lessons
- all beginners musicians who live in places where there are no teachers
- all the users who just want to listen and download music freely
- all artists and creatives who want to use copyright free music and do not know where to download them
- all musicians who want to be heard and they need the Users' rating
- all those who work in the music industry, talent scouts and the producers looking for new talent to be discovered
- Wikimedia because it will increase the traffic, it will increase the contents, it will bring a new kind of users and it can fill an existing void on Wikimedia
The idea was conceived for the only purpose of creating a music community that is enriched culturally and I think the best incubator where this idea can grow grow is Wikimedia, because the goal is the free sharing of one of the most beautiful and universal arts that man has ever invented, THE MUSIC.
Welcome, brainstormers! Your feedback on this idea is welcome. Please click the "discussion" link at the top of the page to start the conversation and share your thoughts.