Thinking of expanding your idea into a grant proposal?
Below, you'll find information on types of grants available to individuals. You can view funded proposals for Rapid Grants and Project Grants for inspiration. For more on growing your idea once you get started, visit this page in IdeaLab.
Typically, there are two grant options to consider:
- Rapid Grants: Quick support to fund Wikimedia community members to organize projects throughout the year up to 2,000 USD. Projects can include experiments or standard needs that don't need broad review to get started.
- Common requests include:
- Find out more about this grant program on the Rapid Grants portal. If you've started an idea during an Inspire Campaign or in IdeaLab, you can expand your idea into a Rapid Grant using the Expand into a Rapid Grant button at the bottom of your idea page.
- Project Grants: Funds for more involved projects from Wikimedia community members - individuals, groups, or organizations - to organize projects that benefit the Wikimedia projects. Project can involve experimental ideas or proven methods and programs. Grants are awarded in specific rounds during the year.
- Grants are generally awarded in four broad categories, but we welcome all ideas!
- Online organizing
- Offline outreach
- Find out more about this grant program on the Project Grants portal.
The next Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community Health is being prepared and is not yet open for participation.
Ideas for this campaign can be submitted and reviewed starting on July 9th. For information on previous campaigns, please see the campaign archive.