Grants:IdeaLab/Gaming Microcontributions on Wikipedia
|join other ideas|
Gaming Microcontributions on Wikipedia
- EpochFail (Aaron Halfaker) I'd like to discuss ideas and help measure impact & look for opportunities for improvement.
- Sjgknight especially interested in ideas around citation needed element, but it is complex! As per idea here
Make microgames that take small, discrete contribution needs and feed them to users in a way that they can ‘play’ in short, easy 2-20 second rounds.
created on: 15:55, 1 June 2014
What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
The idea is to solve describe small problems in a gamification way. The project is to make a game of small, simple, low-thought tasks.
What is your solution?Edit
Depends on the game, but the goal is to surface simple decisions or tasks that an editor can make which can be automatically added to Wikipedia.
- Select an image from commons to be placed on an article that has no images
- Find a dead link and search internet archive for a last good version to replace the link
- Find a dead link with a full citation template and search google with citation to look for a full text version to replace
- Find a citation for a sentence with a citation needed tag (problems is it might be too complex)
- Increase recruitment in casual reader and users
- Provide improved content to Wiki projects
- improve mobile experience of game with responsive design
Welcome, brainstormers! Your feedback on this idea is welcome. Please click the "discussion" link at the top of the page to start the conversation and share your thoughts.
Does this idea need funding? Learn more about WMF grantmaking. Or, expand to turn this idea into an Individual Engagement Grant proposal
Ready to create the rest of your proposal?
Need more help?