Grants:IdeaLab/Bring a light to shine on the offender
What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
While blocking is a quick fix. The person(s) violation protocals as defined by the owner of the site ( in this case Wikimedia. org ). Only need to create a new identity and web ID to continue their actions.
What is your solution?Edit
It would be better to expose those person(s) to the community for what they are doing. Then hide behindfilter and blocking software. Bulling activities are carried out anonymously . By changing this and identifying the bully and exposing their actions to all the other readers you in
- allow the offensive post to remain but in a unique color differentiate it from the main article fact expose the person for what they are most likely they will cease their activities and look elsewhere.
Action(s) to take:
• ID the perpetrator by name and location ID.
• Leave the offensive material up. Allowing it to remain. However remain it's posting in unique color identifying it for what it is.
• Remove their Anonymous veil .
• be vigilant in enforcing your rules
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.