Grants:IEG/Senior Citizens Write in Sanskrit Wikipedia/Midpoint
Welcome to this project's midpoint report! This report shares progress and learnings from the Individual Engagement Grantee's first 3 months.
In a few short sentences or bullet points, give the main highlights of what happened with your project so far.
- Making list of Sanskrit Scholars
- Contact them for this project.
- Confirmation of their interest.
- Training program for Sanskrit Scholars.
- Outreach programs and Program visiting for know Scholars of Sanskrit.
Methods and activities edit
I personally met all scholars and tried to involve them into this project. I went to 80-83 scholar's home. Among them 35 agreed to work on sa.wikipedia. But At training time (29th March) only 30 scholars were present. That day I teach them about editing, rules and deferential tools.
- Prezi :-
When I met Sanskrit Scholars, I found they are looking help to put their knowledge into some platform. One by one I went their homes. They welcomed me very warmly. In meeting process I decide that I will make such presentation for scholars, which make them self learners. So I made prezi presentation for Sanskrit Scholars
I am listing some points of this presentation.
1. What is Wikipedia ? 2. What is sa.Wikipedia ? 3. Who is MediaWiki ? and which are other project ? 4. Which kind of articles now available in sa.wikipedia ? 5. Some statistics of sa.wikipedia. 6. Why you should edit sa.wikipedia ? 7. How you can edit sa.wikipedia by computer and mobile ? 8. Some basic rule to write in sa.wikipedia. Like five pillars etc...
- Brochure :-
With help of Samskrit Bharati Gujarat I made a Brochure.
Because once training is not enough, I tried to help them 24*7. With Presentation and brochure I almost done that helping work. Moreover they were contacted me on my personal Mobile number.
Midpoint outcomes edit
What are the results of your project or any experiments you’ve worked on so far?
I thought this project will be difficult to manage. My thought came true when I start making list of Scholars. After that meetings were also difficult. But fruit is 35 Scholars agreed to work and 4 or 5 scholars invited me to their work place (University, College etc.) for Outreach.
Other I am not mentioning here, because other outreaches were so near from my town. I went the place and after training I came to my place.
Please discuss anything you have created or changed (organized, built, grown, etc) as a result of your project to date.
2) Sorry I don't know how to show graphs etc. But I can show 30 to 35 Sanskrit Scholars are involved in this project. Among them 30 scholars are continuously contributing in sa.wikipedia.
List of Participants.
Some more are there but they are not contributing into sa.wikipedia and they didn't take training too. So I am not mentioning them here.
Please take some time to update the table in your project finances page. Check that you’ve listed all approved and actual expenditures as instructed. If there are differences between the planned and actual use of funds, please use the column provided there to explain them.
Then, answer the following question here: Have you spent your funds according to plan so far? Please briefly describe any major changes to budget or expenditures that you anticipate for the second half of your project.
Some changes are there in finance.
|Projector = 800
|Laptop = 700
|Computer rant = 500, 500*30
|+ Service tax
|Internet = 1500
|Room rant (9 am to 5 pm) = 2,000
|Prearrangement of Scholar list
|Contact with scholar
|Notepad + Pen
|Foods (Lunch, Snacks, Water)
22,100 + 68,670 = 90,770 Rupees for First phase
The best thing about trying something new is that you learn from it. We want to follow in your footsteps and learn along with you, and we want to know that you are taking enough risks to learn something really interesting! Please use the below sections to describe what is working and what you plan to change for the second half of your project.
What are the challenges edit
What challenges or obstacles have you encountered? What will you do differently going forward? Please list these as short bullet points.
- Billing of all things. :- I am living in town. But here all services are not available on bill. Most of persons are ready to give place for program and arrange computers. But they all were small businessmen. So Finding a place for program was very difficult for me. Next time I will have to find some better program place which has proper billing system.
- Traveling :- Most of scholars were asking for Transportation arrangement. At proposal time I didn't thing about this point. So I managed that very hardly. I should have asked for transport of scholars too.
What is working well edit
What have you found works best so far? To help spread successful strategies so that they can be of use to others in the movement, rather than writing lots of text here, we'd like you to share your finding in the form of a link to a learning pattern.
- Your learning pattern link goes here
Next steps and opportunities edit
What are the next steps and opportunities you’ll be focusing on for the second half of your project? Please list these as short bullet points. If you're considering applying for a 6-month renewal of this IEG at the end of your project, please also mention this here.
- I want to renew this project. Because In Gujarat there are so many Gurugulas which can contribute into sa.wikipedia. When I was finding scholars of Sanskrit I went to new places. Some of them are very very positive for sa.wikipedia work.
- Some colleges of Shree Somnath Sanskrit university are very interested to contribute into sa.wikipedia. Like Aksharam-college, Bhagwat Vidyapith-college, Brahmarshi-college etc...
- In our project I visited two campuses of [sanskrit.nic.in Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan]. Jaipur and Bhopal. Vice Chancellor of That deemed university decided to include sa.wikipedia as their syllabus. They are trying to include sa.wikipedia work compulsory into syllabus of bachelor of Education.
Grantee reflection edit
We’d love to hear any thoughts you have on how the experience of being an IEGrantee has been so far. What is one thing that surprised you, or that you particularly enjoyed from the past 3 months?
From the beginning this project was very very virtual in my mind. I will go there and there etc. But when I start to contact person I found new paths of opportunities. So Vice Chancellor, Professor, Author, Teacher etc were asking me how to contribute in sa.wikipedia and they also showing me new path for this work. I went to spread knowledge but I got so much knowledge and guidance from elders (Sanskrit Scholars) too.