Grants:IEG/Semi-automatically generate Categories for Vietnamese Wikipedia/Timeline
Timeline for Semi-automatically generate Categories for Vietnamese WikipediaEdit
|Milestone 1||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 2||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 3||Day Month Year|
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
15th December, 2015 - 15th, January, 2016Edit
- Collect NLP patterns in English and Vietnamese by tool Alphama Category 1.0.8. There are over 40k gathered categories and so far.
|No.||Couples (Vietnamese and English)|
|26061||Thể loại:Phép dựng hình bằng thước kẻ và compa---Category:Compass and straightedge constructions|
|26062||Thể loại:Phép lạ---Category:Miracles|
|26063||Thể loại:Phép toán hai ngôi---Category:Binary operations|
- Write report about NLP patterns and translation methodology
- Prepare community discussion plan
15th January - 15th February, 2016Edit
- Organize open discussions about category naming conventions at Vietnamese Wikipedia  and update naming standards.
- Invite members who have more than 300 edits (700 members). These ppl can understand more about category tree. There were 26 members who joined and gave their opinions to the project.
- Invite two scholars from Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam.
15th Feburary - 15th March, 2016Edit
- Conclude the naming convetion discussion and update to viwiki Category naming convention.
- Restructure category system based on new naming standards
- Restructure category tree based on new standards
- Building tool for creating categories for new articles
- Running tool and collect data
- Complele the project
- Prepare all things to final report
New end dateEdit
30, July, 2016
This is my first time to do this kind of project. I don't have many experiences in writing report in English. I finished my code and tool, now I am passing data to Vietnamese Wikipedia and Wikidata. Alphama (talk) 16:24, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- Here is my bot contribution for restructure categories at viwiki: 
- Here is my tool used for translating English categories to Vietnamese categories