- Sample invites for recruiting new committee members
The Individual Engagement Grants Committee is looking for new members. I've enjoyed helping recommend projects and grantees for funding as part of this committee. We could use your expertise! More information is on meta-wiki
. Hope to see you there. Siko (WMF)
) 20:03, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
==Open call to join the [[m:Grants:IEG|Individual Engagement Grants]] Committee==
Hi [person]! The Wikimedia Foundation and the [[m:Grants:IEG/Committee|Individual Engagement Grants Committee]] invite you to join us to help review proposals for grants of up to $30,000 to support 6-month projects that improve the Wikimedia community. These grants fund individuals or small teams to organize, build, create, research or facilitate something that enhances the work of Wikimedia’s volunteers.
If you'd like to get involved, please '''[[:m:Grants:IEG#ieg-committee|add yourself as a candidate for the IEG Committee]]''' by Friday 25 March 2016. Hope to see you there! ~~~~
- Sample of the welcome message we send to new committee members
== Welcome to the IEG Committee ==
Thanks for signing up to join the Individual Engagement Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We've got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 2 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started:
To make your membership official, please do 2 things by DATE:
- Introduce yourself in the IdeaLab.
- Send your email address and preferred username to IEGrantswikimedia.org, so that we can subscribe you to the committee mailing list and get you setup on the committee's internal wiki.
Then there are 3 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:
- Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
- Join at least one working group.
- Start giving feedback on open ideas, drafts and proposals. Asking questions to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through, and will give us more great proposals to choose from.
Our formal review of proposals starts on DATE. WMF staff will be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list and in the Workroom soon, so please keep an eye there!
Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful IEGrants :-)
- Sample of messaging for those who aren't selected to join
==IEG Committee candidacy==
Thanks very much for submitting your candidacy for the IEG Committee - we appreciate that you took the time to share your background and thoughts with us, and enjoyed learning about the awesome contributions you've been making to Wikimedia.
This round, the committee has not selected you to join as a member: we'd like to see you SUGGESTION BASED ON CRITERIA THEY DIDN"T MEET.
We encourage you to keep going with SPECIFIC THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME, and to also stay involved in IEG by commenting on IEG proposals and ideas in the IdeaLab - we need everyone's input and yours would be very appreciated as a community member. I hope that you will consider signing up as a candidate again in a future round. Thanks again for participating, SIGNED