Create your conference grant application
Please note that starting February 2023 (Round 2) - we will accept applications via Fluxx.
How to Apply
- Read about how the program works and make sure you and your request meet the criteria for support.
- Preview the grant application early in your planning process.
- Applications are accepted in any language. We will support translation for applications and discussions as needed.
- Go to Wikimedia Foundation Funds Grantee portal on Fluxx or click Apply below.
- If you do not have an account, please click Register Now and provide the requested information. Your registration will be confirmed within one working day. You can find a tutorial video on how to register on the Fluxx Tutorials page.
- If you have an account, enter your login details and click Sign in. You can find a tutorial video on how to login on the Fluxx Tutorials page.
- Create your application by clicking Apply for Conference Funds button on the main page.
- Follow the instructions in the application and respond to the questions. You can always save and continue your application later. Click Save and Continue or Save and Close to save the application.
- When your application is complete click Submit to send it for review. You can find a tutorial video on how to navigate and submit an application on the Grantee Portal on the Fluxx Tutorials page. Applications will be published to Meta-Wiki automatically within one day.
- We will reach out to you via email to confirm receipt of your application or if we have any questions.
- Please reach out to us via email conferencegrants wikimedia.org if you need support or have questions
- Committee review: The Conference Grants Committee will review proposals within 2 weeks of submission. They will post feedback on the discussion page of the proposal.
- Proposal finalized: The applicant will have two weeks to make changes to the request based on committee feedback. Phone calls with the program officer or committee members may be scheduled to discuss the feedback, if necessary.
- Funding decision posted: The grant program officer will post a funding decision within 4 weeks of submission.
- Check in calls scheduled: After approval, monthly check in calls will be scheduled with the program officer.