Grants:APG/Proposals/2019-2020 round 1/Wikimedia Armenia/Proposal form
- 1. In order to support community review, please provide a brief description of your organization's work in the upcoming funding period.
Wikimedia Armenia would like to apply for an Annual Plan Grant of 127,185,688 AMD (264,970.18 USD) from the Wikimedia Foundation for the period January 1, 2020 to December 31, to cover its following programs: Quality, quantity and diversity of content, Community takes its empowerment and responsibility, working along with educational institutions, Western Armenian Organizational improvement.
- 2. Name, fiscal year, and funding period.
- Legal name of organization: «Վիքիմեդիա Հայաստան» գիտակրթական ՀԿ
- Organization's fiscal year: 01/01-12/31
- 12-month funding period requested: 01/01/2020-12/31/2020
- Currency requested: AMD
- Name of primary contact: Vahagn Piliposyan, Susanna Mkrtchyan
- 3. Amount requested.
|Total expenses for the upcoming year||194․016․260||404,200.54|
|APG funding requested for the upcoming year||127,185,688||264,970.18|
|Amount of funding received from WMF for the current year||137,915,000||267,400|
- 4. How does your organization know what community members and contributors to online projects need or want? Does your organization conduct needs assessments or consult the contributors and volunteers most involved with its work?
- Before drafting the WMAM 2020 plan, we had several discussions with our community in diverse formats and listened to their suggestions and observations. We have studied the effectiveness of previously implemented programs, taking into account the shortcomings. In addition, on October 11-13, 2019, we organized a two-day meeting in Tsakhkadzor, attended by about 35 members of Wikimedia Armenia, 2 staff members, active community representatives, and the head of the audit organization. All suggestions and reasonings of the community we took into account in drafting the Annual plan.
- 5. Please provide a link to your organization's strategic plan, and a link to your separate annual plans for the current and upcoming funding periods if you have them.
Financials: current yearEdit
The purpose of this section is to give the FDC an idea of how your organization is receiving funds and spending funds toward your current plan. Your current funding period is the funding period now in progress (e.g. 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016 for most organizations).
Financials for the current funding period Revenues or expenses Planned (budgeted) Actual, until one month before the proposal due date Projected Currency requested US dollars Currency requested US dollars Currency requested US dollars Revenues (from all sources) 78,336,000* 163,200 67,663,680 140,966 78,336,000 163,200 Expenses 78,336,000 163,200 56,508,000 117,725 78,336,000 163,200
Table 2 notes:
*Reported funding period is for six months. It, also, includes the revenues from Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and Donations for Wikiclubs for six months.
Programs: upcoming year's annual planEdit
This section is about your organization's programs. A program is a defined set of activities that share the same objectives and a similar theory of change. Please share the general goal of each program, and then list the specific objectives that the program will meet. Please do not include information about your organization's operating activities in this section. You may provide information about activities like administration, staff and board training, fundraising, governance, and internal IT in another section or in a supplementary document, but please do not include these activities here as programs.
- 1. For each program, and overall
- Include targets for each of the three shared measures for each program, and overall. If one or more of these required metrics are not relevant to any of your programs, please consult your program officer.
- Also choose at least two grantee-defined metrics to highlight in this section, and include targets for each of these grantee-defined metrics for each program, and overall. (Other program-specific metrics may be included in your program objectives, in the detailed program sections below.)
- Participants: The number of people who attend your events, programs or activities, either in person or virtually. This definition does not include people organizing activities, social media followers, donors, or others not participating directly.
- Newly registered: The number of participants that create new accounts on a Wikimedia project. These include users who register up to two weeks before the start of the event.
- Content pages: A content page is an article on Wikipedia, an item on Wikidata, a content page on Wikisource, an entry on Wiktionary, and a media file on Commons, etc. This metric captures the total number of content pages created or improved across all Wikimedia projects.
- A: See corresponding activity section
- B: See corresponding activity section
Program Participants Newly registered Content pages A B Quality Content Program 380 80 20500 - - Community Program 860 50 380 - - Education Program 960 300 14500 - - Western Armenian Program 50 5 260 - - TOTAL FOR ALL PROGRAMS 2250 435 35640 - -
Table 3 notes:
- 2. Please list your goals and objectives for each program. Please be sure your objectives meet all three criteria for each program
- The objectives listed are each SMART: specific, measurable, attainable and relevant, and include time-bound targets.
- Include both qualitative targets and quantitative targets, and remember to highlight your baseline metrics.
- Provide any additional information that is important to our understanding of this program. For example, you may include needs assessments, logic models, timelines, tables, or charts. Share how this program will contribute more broadly to movement learning, or explain how your program aligns with important Wikimedia priorities such as increasing participation and improving content on the Wikimedia projects.
Staff and contractors: upcoming year's annual planEdit
- 1. Please describe your organization's staffing plan or strategy here, and provide a link to your organization's staffing plan or organogram if you have one.
- 2. List of staff by department or function.
- You can use this table (or substitute your own list) to show us the number of FTEs (fulltime equivalents) for each department or function, where one person working at 100% time would be counted as 1.0. We need this information about the total number of staff (FTEs) you plan to have by the end of the current funding period, and staff you plan to have by the end of the upcoming funding period.
FTEs Department or function End of current funding period End of upcoming funding period Explanation of changes Staff manager 1 1 Community Program Coordinator 0.75 1 Treasurer, Administrative Coordinator 0.75 1 Communication and Social Media Coordinator 0.5 0.5 WikiCamp supervisor, event organizer 0.75 1 WikiClub Coordinator, GLAM Coordinator 0.75 1 Programer, technical supporter 0 0.5 Assistant of the President of the Organization. 0.25 0.5 Western Armenian Program Coordinator* 0.75 1 Total (should equal the sum of the rows): 6.25 8․50
Table 4 notes or explanation of significant changes:
*Funded by Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation for the Western Armenian Program
- 3. How much does your organization plan to spend on staff by the end of the current funding period, in currency requested and US dollars?
- 13,821,000 (28,794 USD)
- 4. How much does your organization plan to spend on staff by the end of the upcoming funding period, in currency requested and US dollars?
- 46,279,860 (96,416 USD)
Financials: upcoming yearEdit
Detailed budget: upcoming yearEdit
- Please link to your organization's detailed budget showing planned revenues and expenses for the upcoming funding period (e.g. 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017). This may be a document included on this Wiki (Meta) or a publicly available spreadsheet.
Revenues: upcoming yearEdit
Please use this table to list your organization's anticipated revenues (income, or the amount your organization is bringing in) by revenue source (where the revenue is coming from) in the upcoming funding period (e.g. 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017).
- Use the status column to show if this funding is already guaranteed, if you are in the process of requesting funding, or if you are planning to request funding at a later time.
- Please include in-kind donations and resources in this table, as applicable, and use the status column to show that they are in-kind resources.
- Do not include money you plan to draw from your reserves during the upcoming funding period.
Anticipated revenues for the upcoming funding period Revenue source Currency requested US dollars Status (e.g. guaranteed, application) Wikimedia Foundation 127,185,688.00 264,970.18 Application Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation 21,483,877.50 45,000.00 Planning to request Wikiclub Donations 7,638,712.00 16,000.00 Guaranteed Total revenues (should equal the sum of the rows): 156,308,277.50 325,970.18 -
Table 5 notes: If your organization has significant funding other than FDC funds, please note how those funds will be used.
Operating reserves: current and upcoming yearsEdit
Please note that there is a policy that places restrictions on how much FDC funding your organization can use to build its operating reserves. If you would like to use FDC funding to for your organization's reserves, you must note that here. You will not be able to decide to allocate FDC funding from this grant to your reserves at a later date.
- 1. What is your plan for maintaining, building, or spending your reserves in the current year and the upcoming funding period? Please use the table below to show the amounts in your reserves at the beginning, year-to-date, and end of your current year, and the amount you plan to have in your reserves by the end of the upcoming funding period.
Year Year start Year start (US) Year-to-date Year-to-date (US) Year end Year end (US) Current year (e.g. 2017) 0 0 0 0 0 0 Upcoming year (e.g. 2018) - - - - 0 0
- 2. How much FDC funding is your organization requesting to add to your reserves in the upcoming funding period? If you are not requesting any FDC funding to add to your reserves in the upcoming funding period, you can write zero.
Expenses: upcoming year's annual planEdit
- 1. Expenses by program (excludes staff and operations).
- Program expenses are the costs associated specifically with your organization's programs, and do not include operating expenses or staff salaries, which will be described in separate tables. Program expenses may be the costs of an event, the costs of outreach materials specific to a program, budgets for microgrants and reimbursements, or technical costs associated with specific programs, for example. The programs listed in this table should correspond to the programs you have listed in the programs section of this proposal form.
Program Currency requested US dollars Quality Content 22,275,000 46,406.25 Community 7,290,000 15,187.50 Education 44,839,000 93,414.58 Western Armenian 21,600,000 45,000.00 Organizational development 1,500,000 3,125 Total program expenses (should equal the sum of the rows) 97,504,000 203,133.33
Table 7 notes: If your organization has significant funding designated for specific programs (e.g. a restricted grant), please make a note of that here.
- 2. Total expenses. Please use this table to summarize your organization's total expenses overall.
- These are divided into three categories: (1) staff expenses from Table 4 (including expenses for staff working on both programs and operations), (2) expenses for programs from Table 7 (does not include staff expenses or operations expenses), and (3) expenses for operations (does not include staff expenses or program expenses). Be sure to check the totals in this table to make sure they are consistent with the totals in the other tables you have submitted with this form. For example, your total program expenses excluding staff will be equal to the total in Table 7, while your total staff expenses will be equal to the total in Table 4 and your total expenses will be equal to the total in Table 1.
Expense type Currency requested US dollars Program expenses (total from Table 7, excludes staff) 97,504,000 203,133.33 Operations (excludes staff and programs) 15,944,400 33,217.5 Upcoming staff total expenses (from Table 4) 35,337,288 73,619.35 Total expenses (should equal the sum of the rows) 148,785,688 309,970.18
Table 8 notes:
Verification and signatureEdit
Please enter "yes" or "no" for the verification below.
- The term “political or legislative activities” includes any activities relating to political campaigns or candidates (including the contribution of funds and the publication of position statements relating to political campaigns or candidates); voter registration activities; meetings with or submissions and petitions to government executives, ministers, officers or agencies on political or policy issues; and any other activities seeking government intervention or policy implementation (like “lobbying”), whether directed toward the government or the community or public at large. General operating support through the FDC may not be used to cover political and legislative activities, although you may make a separate grant agreement with the WMF for these purposes.
I verify that no funds from the Wikimedia Foundation will be used
for political or legislative activities except as permitted by a grant agreement
Please sign below to complete this proposal form.
- IMPORTANT. Please do not make any changes to this proposal form after the proposal submission deadline for this round. If a change that is essential to an understanding of your organization's proposal is needed, please request the change on the discussion page of this form so it may be reviewed by FDC staff. Once submitted, complete and valid proposal forms submitted on time by eligible organizations will be considered unless an organization withdraws its application in writing or fails to remain eligible for the duration of the FDC process.