IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT ANNUAL PLAN GRANTS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: COVID-19 pandemic and cancellation of Wikimedia Foundation grant-funded events
- All offline (in-person) public events funded by Rapid Grants, Project Grants, or Annual Plan Grants must be cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Instructions related to events funded through Conference & Event Grants are detailed in this e-mail sent on 24 March 2020.
- Cancellation fees, other penalties, and expenses already incurred can be covered through grant funds
- We will not be approving grants for offline events happening before September 15, 2020 until further notice
- Please contact your program officers for further guidance
For more information, please see a copy of the email sent from Katherine Maher to all active Project, Rapid, and Annual Plan grantees on March 12, 2020.
(effective March 13, 2020)
We are currently not accepting new applications to the APG program, but current grantees will be able to reapply through a simplified process.
Applications for Annual Plan Grants through the FDC process are currently closed.
The Wikimedia movement consists of the people sharing common goals and activities with regard to creating and supporting free knowledge educative content.
ANNUAL PLAN GRANTS
Annual Plan Grants (APG) are Wikimedia movement funds allocated to support an organization’s overall annual plan to achieve mission objectives.
FUNDS DISSEMINATION COMMITTEE
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) is a group of Wikimedians who make recommendations to the WMF Board about Annual Plan Grant proposals.
This table explains important milestones for each round of the Annual Plan Grants (APG) process, from the submission date for letters of intent through the submission of audited financial statements at the conclusion of the reporting period. Each milestone links to process documentation about that event, while links to documents for each round may be found in the body of this table. For more information, you can review the proposal process documentation. See archived rounds.
NOTE: In 2018-2019, the process will follow a different timetable which will be shared with the organizations participating in the APG process. The process will not be accepting new FDC-APG organizations applicants before at least June 2019. Reporting requirements have not changed.
- Dates in this line are indicative. As per the grant agreements, audited financial statements are due 120 days after the end of an organization's fiscal year. This may vary depending on the organization. As of June 2017:
- Round 1: WMUK has a fiscal year ending on 31 January, so due date is 31 May
- Round 2:
- CIS has a fiscal year ending on 31 March, so due date is 31 July
- WMAM and WMNO have a fiscal year ending on 31 December, so due date is, as per round 1, 28 April
Documents and reports for referenceEdit
- [[<tvar|guidance>foundation:Minutes/2013-04-18#Guidance_for_the_FDC</>|Board guidance for the Funds Dissemination Committee 2013]]
- [[<tvar|report2012-13>Grants:APG/FDC portal/Annual report on the Funds Dissemination Committee process 2012-2013</>|Annual report on the Funds Dissemination Committee process 2012-2013]]
- [[<tvar|fdcag>Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group</>|Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group]]