|WMF staff updates this page after verifying eligibility gaps have been closed.|
|Organization name||Overall eligibility status (A)||Current eligibility gaps (B)||Requirements to maintain eligibility status (potential gaps) (C)||Recognized as an affiliate organization as defined in the Board Resolution dated March 31, 2012, with signed agreement (D)||Has completed (submission and acceptance may still be pending) two grants from the Wikimedia Foundation (E)||Chapter adequately meets material conditions of the Chapter Agreement (F)||Published a complete and accepted grant report on any funded activities completed before 30 June 2015 (G)||In compliance with all applicable laws governing organizations of their type in their country (H)||In compliance with relevant U.S. laws (I)|
|Centre for Internet and Society||YES||Will need to publish audited financial statements for 2014-15 by end of July.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia Armenia||YES||Audited English financial statement and activity report for 2015 will be due by the end of April 2016.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia Italia||YES||Audited English financial statement and activity report for 2015 will be due by the end of April 2016.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia Norge||YES||Audited English financial statement and activity report for 2015 will be due by the end of April 2016.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Notes on the simplification of the tableEdit
We have simplified the eligibility table, but requirements have not changed.
- These previous columns (L) and (M) are not relevant to any grantees submitting an LOI for this round, and so have been removed from the eligibility table for this round:
- Has completed at least one grant and participated in one fundraising campaign as a payment processor; OR (L)
- Has participated in at least two fundraising campaigns as a payment processor (M)
- Organizations receiving a ✓
in current column (J) must meet requirements in previous columns (N), (O), (P):
- Activity Report (Most recently due) (N)
- Financial Report (Most recently due) (O)
- Financial Reports for at least 2 consecutive years (P)
- Previous columns (G) and (H) have been combined into one column (G):
- Affiliate Organization with signed agreement (G)
- Recognized as an affiliate organization as defined in the Board Resolution dated March 31, 2012 (H)
- Previous columns (I) and (J) have been removed, as only organizations submitting LOIs by the due date and not receiving funding in previous rounds will be evaluated for eligibility:
- Not awarded FDC funding in the previous round (I)
- Submitted LOI by due date (1 July 2015) (J)
How to use this tableEdit
Determine your eligibility by following these three steps.
- Find the name of your organization. Next to your organization’s name will be your overall eligibility status, in Column (A).
- Any gaps that currently prevent you from being eligible will be listed in Columns (B), (C), (D) and / or (E). When you fill a gap, Email FDCSupport at wikimedia dot org so we can verify that the gap has been filled and update the table. If your overall eligibility status changes as a result of filling a gap, we will also let you know. If there is a mistake, please let FDC staff know right away so we can fix it.
- If you achieve your “YES” status, be sure to monitor any requirements listed in column (F) throughout the duration of the Annual Plan Grants / FDC process.
Understanding your overall eligibility statusEdit
Eligibility status has been determined in 3 categories: ‘YES’, 'YES IF', and 'NO'.
- YES: This organization is currently eligible to submit a proposal in this round, as long as eligibility status is maintained throughout the duration of the FDC process.
- NO: This organization will not be eligible to submit a proposal in this round.
- YES IF: This organization is not yet eligible to submit a proposal in this round, but could become eligible if all eligibility gaps are met before the deadline for confirming eligibility and eligibility is maintained throughout the duration of the FDC process.
Which grants count toward eligibilityEdit
Since FDC grants are large general support grants, your organization needs to already have a track record of using Wikimedia funds in order to participate. That is why we have the requirements in column (H).
- Grants that count toward meeting the requirements in column (H) are completed Annual Plan Grants or completed Project and Event Grants with grant terms ending before the date initial eligibility is announced. Grants are considered complete once a final grant report is submitted by the grantee and accepted by WMF.
- Only grants awarded to an organization after an organization after has legally incorporated in its country can be counted. Grants awarded groups before they have incorporated do not count, grants to other individuals or groups that may participate in an organization’s activities do not count, and grants managed by multiple organizations, groups, or individuals do not count. Fiscal sponsorships also do not count: the organization must be managing its own grant and its own project for the grant to count.
Which agreements and reports affect eligibilityEdit
To be eligible, you need to meet the terms of any of your grant agreements with WMF and also with any other agreements you have with WMF, including a Chapter Agreement, Thematic Organization Agreement, Fundraising Agreement, or Wikimania Agreement. Chapters and Thematic Organizations with agreements need to submit written activity reports and financial reports no later than four months after their fiscal year’s end.
- All activity and financial reports need to be linked from the Reports page on Meta at Reports.
- All reports need to be publicly accessible and stored on Meta or another stable website.
- All activity and financial reports need to have English translations or acceptable English summaries.
If you need to return funds to WMF from a fundraising campaign, a previous grant, from Wikimania, or from another activity, according to the terms of one or more of your agreements with WMF, this may also affect your eligibility status.
Compliance with local and US lawsEdit
Unless WMF has a clear indication otherwise, we assume in good faith that organizations are meeting the requirements in (I), (K), (L).
- WMF Board resolution: Recognizing Models of Affiliations
- CIS does not have a chapter agreement, but has produced annual financial and activity reports that satisfy the conditions of the chapter agreement.